Chapter 23: ASH POV

Having Gracelynn in my arms was one of the best feelings I have ever experienced. She was lying with her head on my chest and her arm across my stomach. I dragged my fingers up and down her spine before I played with a strand of her dark hair. Neither of us said a word as we lay in silence.

The door was open, and I could see the front door. Would her brother come home? He already hated me. He would probably try to kill me if he saw me naked in bed with Gracelynn. I could not imagine seeing Abby with a man. I broke a boy's nose when I saw him kissing her at a party in a high school.

A ringing sound broke the silence, and I recognized it as my phone. Gracelynn lifted her head and furrowed her brows as she looked around the room.

"Forget it," I said. "It's just my phone."

She nodded before settling back into my chest. The phone stopped ringing, and I went back to enjoying this moment. I closed my eyes, and there was a smile on my lips.

The ringing returned, and I groaned. Gracelynn giggled and rolled onto her back. She pulled the sheets higher so that they were covering her bare breasts. I was going to murder whoever ruined the bliss I was feeling.

"Go get it," Gracelynn said.

"It's no big deal," he said.

"It's the middle of the night. It is probably important."

I sighed before pushing myself off the bed. I pulled my cell out of my pocket and saw Jace's name flashing across the screen. I rolled my eyes and put the phone to my ear.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Well, hello to you too, sunshine," Jace said.

Gracelynn pushed herself so that she was propped on her elbow. Those gorgeous green eyes were staring at me. Her hair was a mess from our fucking, making her look even more beautiful. I almost forgot that I was on the phone with Jace.

"I found him," Jace said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Lorenzo Ricci," he said. "He's the religion expert that The Phantom told us about."

"Where is he?"

"In Mexico. Pack your shit. We're leaving tonight."

Gracelynn raised a brow. Could she hear what we were saying? She was part of this. She would be coming with us, but that would be a surprise for Jace when we got to the plane.

"What time?" I asked.

"I arranged a flight for three a.m."

"See you then."

I ended the call without saying goodbye. I looked at the clock to see that it was one o'clock. We did not have much time. I grabbed my clothes off the floor and changed. Gracelynn sat straighter on the bed.

"What is going on?" she asked.

"We're going to Mexico," I said.

She furrowed her brows and shook her head.

"We?" she asked.

"Yes. We. Now, let's get you a bag packed."

"What are you talking about?"

"Second step in getting Diablo's Heart is finding Lorenzo Ricci, and he's in Mexico."

"What was the first step?"

"Finding The Phantom."

Gracelynn giggled. I buttoned up my shirt and pulled on my jacket. The sleeve was still wet from Gio's blood.