Chapter 21: ASH POV

The thought of anyone hurting Gracelynn made my blood boil with rage. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, and she was fighting back sobs. My chest ached to see her like this. I wanted to pull her into my lap and hold her close, but we were in public, and I did not think she would like that.

"I don't want you to get hurt," Gracelynn said.

"I am not going to get hurt," I said. "More importantly, no one is going to hurt you."

Gracelynn's hand shook as she grabbed my wrist. She pulled my hand away from her face. She looked down at the melted chocolate ice cream.

"I'm going to talk to him," I said. "It's all going to be okay."

I was going to do much more than talk to this boss. I was going to murder him. I would kill him for even thinking about hurting Gracelynn.

She nodded, and I kissed her forehead. I let my lips linger as I took in her sweet scent. She must wear vanilla perfume. My sheets smelled like her for the past few days, allowing me to sleep for a few hours at a time. I still have yet to sleep solid since Gracelynn was in my bed.

This girl had such an effect on me, and I loved it.

--

I pulled my gloves out of my pocket after I passed security. I went down the hallway. The music was playing while a girl twirled around on stage. Moans came from the Gold Room, and I shuddered at the thought of Gracelynn spending time in those rooms. I slipped the gloves on outside the door at the end of the hall. Gracelynn had given me directions to her boss Gio's office.

I did not knock on the door before opening it. He was such a stupid fucker for not having security outside his office door. A man was sitting behind a large desk. He was typing on a laptop, and papers were spread everywhere. He glanced up when the door clicked shut behind me. He only looked at me briefly before looking back at the computer screen.

"What are you doing in here?" Gio asked.

"I heard about what you said to Emerald," I said.

Calling her Emerald put a bad taste in my mouth. Gio glared when I mentioned her name. He closed his laptop before leaning back in his chair. He had his arms crossed over his chest.

"What about it?" Gio asked. "Are you here to threaten me?"

I chuckled as I stepped toward the desk. I adjusted the cuff on my gloves. A sickening smirk was on my face. Gio's eyes went wide, and he moved to stand. I put my hand on my shoulder and forced him back into the seat. He tried to push me off, but I curled my fingers deeper into his shoulder.

I grabbed my pocket knife and flipped the blade so that it was out. Gio squirmed in my hold as he shook his head.

"It's pretty sick that you think you can threaten a girl like that," I said. I kept the knife in his line of vision. "You are forcing a girl to sell her body against her will."

"None of these girls do anything against their will," Gio said. "They all chose to work here."

"It is no longer their choice if you will not let them leave."

Gio was staring at the blade. It twisted it so that the metal would gleam in the lights above. The fear in his eyes was providing me with so much joy. I wished that Gracelynn was here to witness it. She could see the man who destroyed her life shake with fear. I did not want her to know I was a killer, but she will soon find out anyways.

"Fine," Gio said. "Emerald can quit."

I shook my head. I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth.

"How can I trust you?" I asked sarcastically. "I could leave here, and then you still have it arranged to have her killed. I can't risk that."

I grabbed his hair and yanked his head back. I put the blade to his throat. He grabbed my arm and tried to pull himself free. He was so weak that it was pathetic.

"Please," Gio said. His voice wavered, and he was actually on the edge of tears. It was fucking pathetic. "Please, I promise Emerald won't get hurt."

"For some reason, I do not believe you," I said.

"I swear," Gio said. "No one is going to touch her. She'll be safe."

"I will always make sure that Gracelynn is safe."

Gio furrowed his brows at the mention of her name. Did he hire her without even knowing her name? I tightened my grip on the knife's handle before forcing the blade into his stomach. Gio let out a scream before he coughed up blood. No one could hear us over the music coming from the lounge. He grabbed my wrist. I pulled the blade out before stabbing him in the stomach again.

"You're fucking sick," I said.

Gio tried to speak but coughed up more blood. A smile grew on my lips. I loved seeing this bastard like this. Gracelynn's beautiful face filled my mind, and tension left my muscles, knowing she was safe from him.

"You make girls here sell their bodies," I said. "This place is disgusting."

Gio's grip loosened on my wrist. Blood was flowing over my glove, soaking the cuff of my suit jacket. Dammit. This was an expensive suit.

"Please." Gio's voice was weak.

"I hope you burn in hell," I said.

I buried the blade deep into his stomach one more time. Gio's head rolled back, and his breathing stopped. There were trickles of blood running down his chin. His eyes rolled in the back of his head. I pulled the knife free from his body and wiped the blade on Gio's clothes. I flipped the blade back in before shoving it into my pocket.

That sick fucker was finally dead.

I turned and walked out of the office. I let the door click shut behind me. I caught a glimpse of a girl twirling on a pole. How much longer would this place stay open now that Gio was dead? I hoped that it would shut down tomorrow.