chapter. 1

Danny's POV

Not to brag, but I'm pretty sure you know my story. I mean, it's all in the theme song! But I guess you don't know what my name is yet. Let's start properly!

Hi! I'm Danny Fenton, but I also go by Danny Phantom. I'm also known as ghost boy, welp, dipstick, and many others, both by friends and foes. Don't worry, I have plenty of nicknames for them too. 

So, a little information about me. I'm 17 but I look 14, I'm about 5'2, I'm a virgo, I have blue eyes and black hair, but also green eyes and white hair, I'm half ghost, and I'll be crowned king of the ghost zone when I turn 18! I know, I know. That came out of left field but it's true.

Now, today started like any other. At midnight fighting the Box ghost, a plump warehouse worker in overalls, as he cries out about 'fearing boxes' and whatnot. Now listen, I would be fine with this, it's our normal routine! But I stayed up until 11:42 trying to study for an exam that'll start in second period. Luckily he's easy enough to handle. A few snappy remarks back and forth, a punch here, a blast there, then I just suck him up into my thermos to release before school starts. Just our good old back and forth to keep active.

In conclusion, I'm exhausted and really excited to get some sleep when we're finished. Unfortunately, as soon as I lay down, my ghost sense goes off again. Again, I get out of bed and transform, muttering "guess I'll die" before going invisible and flying off to see who it is. 

Skulker, in all his mech suit glory yelling about my pelt, is who disturbed the peace. Another annoyance but much stronger than Boxy. All the same, just a longer routine. Snappy comebacks, crude insults, promises of death, lots of hitting, and whatnot. Except he gets a few good hits on me and I tend to bruise like a peach. 

By the time I get home, I'm stumbling on dead legs and flop on my bed as the white rings turn me into Fenton. I let my eyes shut as I snuggle closer to my pillow when my loud alarm goes off scaring the hell out of me. I silently scream into my pillow when I realize what it is and turn it off. Time to start the day!

I stumble around, collecting my clothes then leave my comfortable space themed bedroom for the bathroom across the hall before my sister can. I'm fairly quick in the bathroom so she won't have to wait long. A quick shower, brush my teeth, comb my hair, check out the damage. Bruises here, there, and everywhere, nothing new. I quickly get dressed in a long sleeved baggy white tee and baggy jeans. I've gained a lot of muscles over the last few years that I don't want many people to see.

I quickly head downstairs as Jazz takes the bathroom calling something about eggs after me. It's not like she needs to tell me, I know what she likes. 

I try to start cooking, putting the pan on the stove and putting bacon on to cook when I go back to the fridge to get eggs. I open the carton and three mutated eggs jump out trying to eat my face off. I easily smash them against the counter and toss a paper towel over it to clean up later. Guess that's what Jazz was on about.

I flip the bacon, and separate it into two portions before cracking eggs over top of it. I grin at my progress and start a pot of coffee and toast. Within no time I have everything ready as she comes down the stairs. I quickly clean up before joining my sister at the table. 

Jazz looks at me a little concerned and questions me "Danny, are you drinking coffee?" I nod with a mouthful of food. School starts in an hour so I need to hurry if I want to make it. Suddenly the door swings open and Tucker runs in. He leaves the door wide open as he runs upstairs calling my name. Jazz and I just laugh softly, silently betting on how long it'll take him.

I finish my breakfast quickly, putting my dishes in the sink to clean after school when Tucker comes running downstairs calling "Jazz! Jazz! Danny's gone!" I step out of the kitchen and see his tense shoulders relax as an embarrassed blush coats his face. I chuckle softly grabbing my backpack and call "see you later Jazz!" As we take off out the door.