chapter. 13

Short!
Phantom's POV 

I wake up sore and highly agitated when I hear a knock at the bedroom. So does Danny, technically. I don't even bother getting up as the door opens and Alfred comes in, starting "young Danny, time to wak-" but he stops when he sees me. He also instantly shivers at the low temperature. I groan softly and sit up before floating off the bed and to the thermostat to turn it off. Danny gets up onto his feet and greets him "morning Alfred. Did you sleep well?" Alfred is watching me with uncertainty so I float up to him, offering my good hand and say "hi, I'm Phantom. One of Danny's friends" he takes my hand and introduces himself again.

He informs us "I'll have breakfast ready in twenty minutes. I'm assuming you'll be joining us, young Phantom?" I nod slightly and try to be polite "oh, yes please, mister Pennyworth" he corrects me "just Alfred is fine" I can't help myself "alright, just Alfred, I'd greatly appreciate that" his lips quirk up at my teasing as he shakes his head with a fond look and walks out. Danny and I get cleaned up for breakfast.

We leave the room and start heading for the stairs only to meet Jason at the top. I grin at him before teasing "could you imagine everyone's expressions if you walked in with me on your shoulders?" He laughs at me before ruffling my hair and saying "at the bottom of the stairs, alright?" I absolutely light up at that. 

We get down quickly before I double check that it's alright. With his permission, I fly up and 'sit' on his shoulders. Obviously I'm still floating, I'm not actually asking him to carry me. Danny walks by his side as I have to duck under the door frame slightly as we enter the dining room. All conversation stops as I absently play with Jason's hair and grin at the room of stunned people.

I can't help but softly snicker with Danny. Suddenly, Wally cries "someone broke Jason!" And I bust out laughing before crying "ah! Ribs! Ribs, ow" I wrap my arms around me, trying not to double over in pain. Jason holds my ankle as he looks up at me worried and asks "you okay?" I grimace but nod. 

I float up slightly to get off Jason's shoulders to float between him and Danny. Danny clears his throat and introduces me "everyone, this is my town hero. Danny Phantom" damn it, I knew I should have nipped that idea. I glare at Danny, punching his arm lightly before complaining "you know it confuses people to know we share a name. Fucking idiot" he snickers at me. 

He looks around the room then comments "where's Damian?" Dick answers "he's not awake yet" Danny nods. Bruce stands up, clearing his throat and says "it's nice to meet you Phantom, I'm Bruce Wayne, the one you spoke to on the phone" he then introduces everyone. I nod and greet "it's very nice to meet everyone. I hope none of you mind that I continue to fly. My leg was severely injured yesterday" there's suddenly a scream that sounds like a battle cry followed by a yell "Who Entered My Room!" Danny looks at me with slight fear hidden in his smile. 

I place my hand on his shoulder and tease "we are too good for our own good" I get smacked in the back of the head and fight a laugh. We both look at Jason with devious grins. He hasn't realized yet that I'm just talking to myself. He looks at me with initial caution then finally realizes. All he says is "you're fucking crazy" and goes to sit at the table.

We also join him, one of us sitting on either side of him. Tim suddenly snorts and mumbles "oh my god" Bruce looks at him confused and asks "what is it Tim?" Tim tries to hide his laughter before declaring "they're targeting Jay!" Danny and I make eye contact before starting on the iconic twin speak.

D: "I"
P: "don't"
D: "know"
P: "what"
D: "you're"
P: "talking"
D: "about"

Our voices are similar and we speak without hesitation so it runs smoothly. It almost seems to set everyone off. Finally Damian runs in, bearing a dagger and demands "who put me in bed last night, and how?" Oh, he's pissed. Us being us, Danny claims it "oh, I did. You fell asleep on the roof so I took you to bed. You just have a basic booby trap setup so it wasn't that hard to do without setting it off" Damian narrows his eyes.