chapter. 10

Danny's POV

It's dark for a moment and I feel my heart stop as my core starts to hum. The Latin chanting becomes louder until it stops and a familiar voice yells "I told you it would work!" Slowly I open my eyes and see the A listers wearing ridiculous long black robes. I look down at myself and thankfully see my ghost from but there's a pentagram under my feet drawn on the floor and surrounded by candles.

The room is only lit by candles so I'm producing a lot of light right now. I press harder on my appearance, making my eyes go darker and narrow like a cats, my pointed ears straighten making them appear sharper, my hair flows faster like it's caught in the wind, and I bare my fangs at them with a growl. Their smiles quickly fall and I feel proud of myself for managing to appear intimidating.

I angrily ask them "what have you idiot's done?" Ectoplasm is completely circulating around this room like a whirlwind and I can feel portals trying to open but they're being blocked by the circle I'm trapped in.

Dash steps up and tries to speak confidently "they didn't believe me when I told them you were king!" I threateningly ask "and why, Dash, do you assume I'm king?" He gulps, shrinking in on himself and explains with a level of intelligence I didn't think he had "you fought with the former king and came out on top. I just thought of it like football. If someone tries out and proves they're better they get that position" I look down at him wondering where that brain of his goes 90% of the time.

I decide to break the truth "I am not king yet. Contrary to what you might believe, I am young and am only a prince for now. But you, in your pursuit to prove your point, you've put the entire town at danger, so release me so I can fix your foolishness" I duplicate myself as he quickly erases a part of the circle and my duplicate disappears, leaving me behind. I quickly get to work fixing the town.

Jason's POV

Danny disappeared and we all stood in stunned silence before his friends just started screaming at each other. Not argument screaming just screaming in each other's faces back and forth. Tucker screams once more before Sam slaps him and they both snap out of it. She points at him and orders "track his phone, I'll get soil samples and a reading on the radiation" he gives a curt nod and they both run for Danny's motorcycle. She puts dirt into a baggie and waves something around while he types.

I can see the replacement trying to do the same but Tucker beats him to it. He reveals "he's back home! No- wait. . . Now there's two! Correction, one disappeared" a light starts to appear above them and they don't even notice. I move closer, ready to act if something happens. My brothers see it too and get ready to move.

Suddenly the light condenses and Danny appears from it. He starts falling and I lunge forward. I just barely manage to get my arms under him before he hits the ground and pull him to me. He's unconscious and not breathing so I lay him down and check his pulse. I mutter "damn it!" As I get ready to start CPR but Sam pushes me away, spits into her hands, rubs them together, and before I can stop her, she slaps him square across the face.

He snaps up with so much force he bounces onto his feet muttering nonsense "those butterflies aren't yours Wes!" as he points to the sky then he promptly falls face first into the gravel. Sam waves dismissively and says "he'll be fine. We're going to get a hotel, let us know if he runs off, the Joker gets caught, or if you get sick of him and we'll come take him. Tucker! Cart, now!" He squeaks and runs for the side car as she goes to the motorcycle. Almost as quickly as they got here, they're gone and I'm left more confused than when we started.

Carefully I pick Danny up out of the dirt and claim the job "I'll get him to his room and watch him while you're all at school and work" instantly the entire hero group breaks up. Dick and Wally disappear into a flash of lightning, Connor grabs Tim and jumps off, Jon offers his hand to Damian who glares before taking it and they fly off. Clark takes a note from his kids books pulling Lois in close before offering a hand to Bruce, hesitantly he takes it and they promptly disappear.