chapter. 9

Jason's POV

I wake up hungover with something heavy and cold across my stomach. I roll over, completely ignoring it until I hear it groan in response. I prop myself up on my elbow, genuinely confused now and see Danny completely draped across me with his face planted in the blanket.

With a quick look around, I realize that I'm in his room. Both of us are draped over the bed at odd angles with the pillows all over the place. How'd I get here?

I lay back down, not willing to deal with this while I can feel my heartbeat in my skull. He suddenly shifts around and one of his hands ends up over my face. I'm about to move it when I realize how cold it is. I'm concerned but my hangover wins and I use his hand as an ice pack to soothe my head.

Neither of us move until there's a soft knock and Alfred comes in. I move Danny's hand and look over at my favorite person. He looks back at me and questions "master Jason, why are you in here?" I lay my head back down and admit "I've no clue, don't even know how I got back to the manor" I lay Danny's hand back on my face.

He asks "are you hungover?" And I nod before saying "Alfie, come feel this kid's hand real quick" he looks at me questioningly but does it anyway. Genuine concern enters his expression and I admit "he got this cold after the movie last night too, then he woke up and was warm again. It's weird" before Alfred can react to the new information, Danny moves.

He rolls down my body, ending up on my legs and hugging one before sleep talking "no Jazz, I'm not gonna let the eggs eat your face now shut up and carry the two" I'm so confused. He continues! "That's not a fucking two! Why would you write genetic information when I told you to carry the two? It's just a fucking two" what? I try not to laugh as he actually continues "I don't care if you like the genetic code more than math, do your damn homework! I can't always be here to help you with math" math?!

I look at Alfred and see he's just as confused. Danny then nearly yells "if you don't carry that damn two then divide by that four in the corner of your paper, I will let these fucking eggs eat your toes! I don't care if you're in college or not! Carry the fucking two!" He then growls and grumbles about stupid overbearing sisters. I can't help but laugh.

Apparently my laughter affects his dreams because he threatens "go ahead, keep laughing! I'm gonna go get Bearburt and if that two isn't carried by the time I'm back, I'm throwing him into the void, see who's laughing then" I'm laughing so hard my ribs hurt.

Alfred helps me escape from Danny's grasp and slip out of the room. I clear my throat still breathing heavily after my laughing fit and suggest "why don't you get the Kent's? I'll get Bruce and my brothers. There's something I need to discuss with them and you" he seems intrigued and nods before he takes off down the hall and I follow.

As soon as we're all down in the dining room and everyone, including Alfred, has taken a seat, I stand up and start strong "just to get this out of the way, I will admit that I am hungover and have no idea how I got here last night but that doesn't change the fact that I'm being extremely serious right now and spilling some sensitive information" demon spawn angrily claims "get on with it Todd!" And I grin.

I point at Clark and state "Danny has already figured out you have super hearing" everyone is instantly serious. I point to Alfred and state "he snuck out last night and seems to have successfully tricked you, which is new" Alfred narrows his eyes.

Bruce asks me "how do you know that?" I grin and state "he snuck out to take me to a concert which brings me to another thing. He's bicker and relationship advice buddies with the famous singer, Ember McClain" Dick instantly claims "I don't believe you" I point to my face, knowing the mark is still there and state "she kissed me. Danny too" Dick looks flabbergasted.