chapter. 12

Danny's POV

Hi! Duplicate here! I mean, Danny and I share the same thoughts and what we see so we're constantly caught up. Technically I'm playing Danny right now and he's playing Phantom so that's how I'm going to call us.

Jason is still sitting on the bed as I open the balcony doors and Phantom flies in. He's covered in blood and ectoplasm and it's dripping on the floor. He looks pale and faint so I quickly move forward and claim "sleep, I've got it" he nods and falls into my arms. I carry him into the bathroom and place him in the tub before running back into the bedroom. I pick up the aid kit and look at Jason who looks worried.

I decide to suggest "hey, why don't you come be a second pair of hands? You can help if he wakes up" he looks uncertain and asks "are you sure? I can help but he's you and I stop your heart" I scoff and shake my head with a smile. I point to the bathroom with my thumb and explain "in that form, we don't have a heart. We have a powerful stone in our chest called a core, so you're good" he shrugs and gets up to follow me.

His suit is torn up pretty bad. One of the sleeves on his jacket is gone and the edges are burned. The suit has holes in it all over the place from where he was shot and cut up.

I start on his head as Jason sits on the toilet seat. I clean up the gash and the scrapes on his face before I prep the needle to give him stitches. As I'm sterilizing it, Jason asks "you know what you're doing, right?" I nod as I thread the needle and explain "yeah, this isn't the first time I've given myself stitches. Well technically this is the first time I've had a duplicate give me stitches" I carefully start closing it.

He comments "you're talking weird" I chuckle and say "yeah, I know. He's the original but now that he's unconscious my focus is all in one place" the wound isn't that bad and only needed four stitches so I finished it quickly. I move on down to his leg and start cutting off the fabric around the wound as Jason asks "what do you mean by that?" I hum as I place it to the side and start cleaning the wound.

I answer his question "I share a consciousness with all my duplicates. The more there are, the harder it is to focus on anything unless they're all doing the same thing. I see what they see and we have different thoughts but we all hear it which makes it hard to tell who's thinking what" I start stitching him up.

He suddenly asks "why is he taller than you?" I give him a dirty look and state "I don't know. Phantom has grown and changed over the years but Fenton hasn't. You're not the only one to notice and we haven't figured it out yet" he hums softly.

I finish with his leg before saying "now the hard part. Help me get the jacket off" he jumps before moving to help me. As we get it off him, Jason asks "that mind thing, is that why you forgot where you were, walked into a wall, almost fell out of your chair, and were wandering around the manor?" Wow, he's been keeping tabs. I nod as my answer with a hum.

We lay Phantom back down into the tub and Jason asks about the holes "are these bullet wounds?" I nod and explain "yeah, my clone was about to be shot so I got in the way" he then asks "how do you plan to remove the bullets?" I grin holding up my hand and tease "like this" I focus on my hand and it turns translucent, not invisible. I stick my hand right into Phantom's chest and Jason shouts out of surprise.

I hear faint movements down the hall and work quickly to remove all of the foreign objects. I mutter out "shit" as I hear someone getting closer to the door. I get the last piece right as someone knocks on the bedroom door. I stand up and say "watch him for a moment" as I drop the debris into the sink and wipe the blood and ectoplasm onto my pants.

I open the door and see Clark standing there looking worried. I nod and say "come on in" before turning my back and leaving him behind. I go back to the bathroom and call "blood warning" only to receive a startled "what?!" From Clark. I grin at Jason before sterilizing the needle again and continuing on fixing Phantom. Clark rushes in as I'm doing that and freezes with wide eyes.

He suddenly asks a stupid question "is he okay?" Jason and I give him "are you stupid?" Looks. He points out "his heart isn't beating" and I deadpan "because he doesn't have a heart" before I start stitching him up. He quickly says "I'll go get Bruce and Alfred" but I quickly claim "uh, no the fuck you're not!" He looks at me unquestioningly and I state "I put in good time getting Bruce and the boys to sleep, do go messing that up. I have everything under control. If you want to stay, take a seat on the counter or something, if not then go back to your room and you can officially meet him with everyone else in the morning" he looks taken aback but leans against the wall to supervise.

I look at Jason and sarcastically say "this guy, right?" Jason starts laughing as I grin and continue. Once I'm done closing everything, I look back at Jason and say "now help me get his jacket back on" they both look confused. I sigh and roll my eyes before explaining "once an article of clothing officially becomes a part of his suit, it becomes organic matter and 'heals' along with him. Look!" I point to a part of the suit already knitting itself back together.

Jason looks amazed and helps me with him. Once the jacket is back on, I go through my kit and pull out a syringe of ectoplasm. Jason points to it and asks "what's that?" I study it to make sure it hasn't spoiled and explain "an emergency supply of ectoplasm, modified specifically for him. Since he's unconscious and can't eat to replenish his ectoplasmic levels, I need to use this" I stab him in the thigh like I would an allergy shot and inject a quarter of the ectoplasm before pulling out the needle and doing the other thigh with another quarter then I put the rest away.

I quickly set his arm before wrapping it tightly with something to keep the bone straight. I grin at Jason and claim "alright, all wounds taken care of! Now he just needs sleep" I pick him up out of the tub and carry him out of the bathroom as Clark moves awkwardly to get out of the way.

As I lay Phantom down on the bed, Clark asks "are you sure you have everything under control?" I grin and tease "I've been doing this for four years now. I think I know what I'm doing" he sighs and says "make sure to sleep too" I nod and he leaves the room. Jason opens his mouth to say something but I hold up my hand and listen to Clark's retreating footsteps until they stop further down the hall.

I nod to Jason and he asks "could you hear him?" I nod and agree "yeah, I have advanced hearing too" I move to the thermostat and see that it's 74°F in here. I drop it down to 63°F and listen to the air conditioning turn on. Jason looks confused so I explain "I have an ice core. That means I thrive in the cold so I dropped the temperature so he can heal better" his eyes widen as he asks "temperature can affect your healing too?" He has a lot to learn.

I nod and state "not just my healing but my overall health too. If I get too hot, my body reacts like I'm sick so I'm not a big fan of summer" he winces and says "damn, that's my second favorite season" I deflate slightly for some reason. I hum and decide "welp, any time you need to cool down, give me a call" he grins in return.

I sit down on the bed and he follows my lead just staring at Phantom for a while. Suddenly he asks "that ring looks important" I look down at the glowing green piece of jewelry with disdain. When I was labeled 'crown prince' that ring was put on my finger by Frostbite and I almost lost myself to anger. I was pissed off before that happened because of Dash so the ring instantly had a grip on me and I had to fight to control myself. Luckily I was in the far frozen and only destroyed a few snowmen.

Apparently I glare a little too hard at the ring because Jason comments "okay, ring is not a good subject. Got it" I growl softly and say "I just don't like how I ended up with it. Stupid thing put everyone I care about in danger" softly he asks "what happened? What is it? Why do you have it now?" Oh great, story time.

I sigh and start "that is the ring of rage. A powerful ghostly artifact that can take over the mind using only your anger. I almost lost myself when it was presented to me, but I have control of it. It's supposed to be worn by the king, or future king in my case. I have it now because I managed to beat the former king in a one on one fight and now I'm destined to rule an entire dimension once I turn 18" he looks at me like I just dropped a bomb on his house.

He goes back to staring at Phantom in silence until I see him shiver. I turn the blanket underneath us intangible and quickly move to wrap it around him tightly. He looks really tired so I decide to suggest "you should get to sleep. You're welcome to stay in here if you can stand the cold" he laughs lightly and admits "I'm not very good in the cold so I think I'll go to my room" I nod and say "alright then, sleep well Jason" he nods and agrees "you too, Danny" before taking off the blanket and leaving the room. I lay down next to my other body and go to sleep.