chapter. 15

Phantom's POV

I wake up to a voice calling "Danny!" Out in the hall followed by a few others after it but further away. Jason's still out cold underneath the blanket. Danny and I are on top of it. Danny is facing the wall and hugging Jason's arm as he also uses it as a pillow, I've basically slid down to his waist. My legs are wrapped around his while my arm is on his pelvis and my hand on his stomach. I've dragged my pillow down with me but that doesn't change the fact that Jason is pinned down and I'm too tired to care.

I'm on the edge of falling asleep again when the door suddenly opens and someone starts speaking quickly "Jason, Danny's go-" but they stop. They flipped on the lights when they came in and I'm a few seconds away from yelling assault.

Jason seems to think the same as he groans and claims "turn that fucking light off, dickhead!" And he tries to roll over. Danny still being asleep, holds on tighter and grumbles about not leaving. Instead, Jason picks him up and moves him to my side. His legs end up behind me but he instinctively hugs Jason once they're both settled. I don't wanna be left out so I hug his waist. Dick turns the lights back off and the door closes.

I want to go back to sleep but curiosity wins so I turn invisible and follow him. He expertly collects everyone and announces "I found him- them? Whatever! Bruce, come make sure I didn't get hit with drugs last night" Bruce was confused by his request but did so anyway. Once he was deemed clean, he announces "they're in Jason's room" then he walked away to the dining room. I went back up and laid back down with the other two.

It takes a few minutes before Bruce opens the door and turns on the lights. All three of us wince at the light and groan. I sit up and look down at Danny. He looks back up at me and flips me off. I gladly return it but Jason gets onto us both "it's too early to be fighting with each other" he sits up, glaring at Bruce and asks "what do ya want Bruce?" Bruce returns the glare and states "we've been looking for Danny for an hour now, Jason. Have none of you heard us calling? Clark and Jon have searched the city, twice!" Danny groans.

I take the heat "Danny called me and asked me to come back, I did then Jason caught us a bit later. He offered for us to hang out so we went to his room- we came here. Twenty minutes turned into an hour then that turned into two then Danny started falling asleep and we just ended up here" I turn back to Jason and state "you have a really good reading voice by the way" Bruce cuts our attention back "whatever. I got a letter this morning and it involves the family. You too Danny" he then walks away and Danny and I look at each other worried.

I shake my head and claim "let's just get these stitches out and go" Jason volunteers "my bathroom has the scissors for it" he takes us into his bathroom and gets the scissors out of the mirror cabinet. I sit down on the toilet and remove the jacket and shirt Sam got me into last night.

I hold out my hand as Danny removes each stitch and places them in my palm. The hardest ones to get to are on my leg so we just cut off the pant leg. Once they're all out and in my hand, I light up an ectoplasmic blast. Once they disintegrate, I deactivate the charge. I frost over my leftover injuries before standing up to see if I can handle my own weight. I hum and admit "still a little tender. Think we should come back together?" Danny considers it.

He admits "it feels weird hearing your surface thoughts while having my own. I really think we should before it gets worse" I nod and we go ahead and come together. The energy I get from him is an absolute rush and I have to take a deep breath just to settle myself. Jason places his hand on my shoulder and gives me a concerned look.

I wave dismissively and mutter "power head rush" he nods and I transform to human. We head downstairs after I slip on the discarded skull shirt instead of what I was wearing.