chapter. 14

Phantom's POV

After everyone who has to leave has left, Danny and I look at Jason for some kind of idea on what to do now. Without even seeing me looking at him, he says "you should tell Alfred about this. If you're genuine about him not telling anyone, he won't, but trust me. It is better to have him on your side" I hum and admit, well it'll make things easier. Alright, let's tell Alfred" suddenly he speaks from behind me "tell me what?" Danny and I fall in sync. We jump with a shout before claiming "dude! Sneaky!" And he looks at us critically.

I sigh softly and comment "well, that's one way to start" I clear my throat before asking "what do you think you'd handle better? Being shown or being told, first? Both will be done" he studies me before stating "show me first" I nod and Danny steps up beside me. I land on my good foot, prepared to favour my injury before we transform with the mutter of "guess I'll die/live" Danny becomes me and I become Danny. We let him stare for a moment to really take it in before transforming back with a switch of a word.

I float off my feet again before explaining "we're the same person. Technically I'm the original and Danny is my duplicate. No, he hasn't been a duplicate the entire time he's been here, just since I disappeared into a ring of fire yesterday" he hums and admits "that is quite the secret. Tell me, why haven't you used these powers of yours when you snuck out?" Very good question.

I answer "I didn't use my powers when sneaking out because it's harder to use my powers when I'm human. It takes more energy and more focus just to turn invisible or intangible. And duplication cuts my energy in half each time I do it" he gestures to the table and suggests "why don't we sit down and you explain this all to me" I nod and an hour long talk begins.

Once we've gone over everything that seemed important, he asks a question "why have you remained as two this whole time? 'Danny' looks like he's about to pass out" I look at my duplicate and see his eyes rolling back into his head and tilting to the side. I place one hand on his forehead and the other on the back of his neck before gently laying his forehead on the table.

I quickly state "he's fine. I've just had the majority of the focus this whole time without giving him a subconscious purpose. As soon as he has something to focus on he'll be fine" I poke Danny in the side of the head and chuckle at him.

I clear my throat and answer Alfred's main question "the reason we haven't merged together is because if we do then I duplicate myself again, my duplicate will have all my new injuries. Danny here is unhurt and Phantom is hurt. It would be a little odd if we both just randomly had the same injuries" suddenly a familiar voice rings "bullshit!" Above me and we look up.

Floating there looking a little scraped up is Dani, my clone. I quickly chide her "Danielle, how many times do I need to tell you it's rude to just enter houses before you finally start asking permission?" she hasn't really changed over the years. She's gotten a bit taller and got an undercut to her hair and her ears and fangs have started pointing but that's it.

She takes the seat next to Alfred, not bothered at all and asks "why the hell didn't your ghost sense go off when I showed up?" Before I say anything she sits up looking excited and asks "oh! Are you broken?!" I look at her emotionless and ask "why do you get so excited at the implication of my powers going on the fritz?" She rolls her eyes at me and teases "don't be such a downer, dad!" She then laughs as she slowly melts into green goo.

I sigh as she moves under the table and starts climbing my leg as I introduce her "Alfred, Jason, I'd like you both to meet my clone, Danielle Phantom. Or as close friends call her, Dani with an I" her head reforms on my shoulder as both men stare with wide eyes and she adds "or you can call me Ellie, if that floats your boat better" she's acting really smug right now so I ask "alright, how many did you shoot on your way here?" I'm resigned to it by now.