chapter. 16

Danny's POV

I don't know how long I was out for, but I wake up to Clark kneeling over me with a blonde woman in black. She's wearing some kind of full face breathing mask. Suddenly I hear a cry "Danny!" That snaps me out of my daze. I sit up as the woman calls "ma'am! You can't be here! This is a highly contaminated area!" It's Jazz. I get tackled in a hug by her and cry out in pain.

She pulls back and quickly asks "where are you hurt? Can you hear me? How many fingers am I holding up?" I clear my throat and soothe "I'm alright Jazz, just give me a second" I pull her back into the hug. Clark questions "this is Jazz? Danny's sister?" I nod and agree "yeah, this is her. She's mostly immune to the radiation" she pulls away from me and says "here Danny. From Frostbite" she hands me a shimmering green vile and a syringe.

I pop off the cork and chug the liquid. A chill goes through my body and I momentarily turn invisible. I stab the needle into my thigh and inject the liquid. Jazz takes them back and puts them in her pocket. I look around at the destruction before sarcastically saying "great, saved the world from being destroyed again but definitely gonna get trashed for letting the city get destroyed" Jazz agrees "yeah, but they'll get over it. They always do" she stands up before offering her hand.

I accept it and she pulls me up. Clark introduces me to the woman next to him "Phantom, I know this isn't the best time, but this is Black Canary. Canary, this is Phantom" he turns back to us and asks "Phantom, where is Danny at?" I make something up "he went into the zone to find me. I left him in the far frozen with a few friends. He's safe" Jazz looks confused but quickly catches on.

I take a deep breath in through the nose before confirming "I need to get rid of this radiation before anyone comes back in. Cl- uh, Superman, could you send word to keep everyone out for now?" He nods and presses the thing in his ear. He reports "yeah Bats, we found him. Keep everyone out until it's clear" I nod my appreciation before taking off my jacket and telling Jazz "put it on, it's going to get cold" she nods and pulls it on.

Clark places his hand on my shoulder and asks "what are you going to do?" I grin and tease "I'm gonna make it snow" Jazz kills my vibe "Danny, do you even have the strength to change the weather right now?" I give her a very unimpressed look.

I state "Jazmine, I have taken the energy booster, I have injected pure ectoplasm into my thigh, I am surrounded by the stuff that fuels my existence. If I don't have the energy, I'll find it one way or another" she smacks the back of my head and exclaims "be serious!" And I exclaim "what the fuck do you think I've been doin?!" She smacks me again and chides "do not cuss at your elder" I gasp and exclaim "you're only older than me by two years!" She tries to parent "I will put you in time out, mister. Don't try me" I state "do it! I need a nap!" She agrees "yes you do!" We try to keep serious expressions but we break and laugh.

I sigh before "alright, alright! Seriously, stand back. I don't want to freeze your feet to the ground again" she quickly backs away and I look at the heros. They don't move so I press it "seriously, that goes for you too. Ghost ice dosen't melt unless it's creator wants it to and judging by the level of my core right now, I might pass out after. Which means, you'll be stuck" they take the warning and back away.

I take a deep breath as I focus on my core. My eyes and hands start to glow blue as frost creeps out from where I'm standing. The temperature drops rapidly around me as fog rolls off my body. Two glowing orbs form in my palms then I shoot them into the sky. The wind blows as the temperature drops drastically further. As snow starts floating down, I instruct "keep an eye on the radiation levels" Jazz and the Canary woman pull out devices.

The small flurries start coming down in heavy clumps under my control, turning green from the toxic air. Suddenly Jazz cries in pain and I look over. The snow is burning her. I quickly look at the others and see the same happening to Canary but Clark is unbothered. I quickly instruct "Jazz, get under the barrier with them" as I form a shield over Clark and Canary. She runs for it as the wind starts blowing in a blizzard. I do my best to keep it under control.