~How to Improve Your Turns~

Hey guys! Emmy here!

I found the picture attached to this chapter on Sophia Lucia's website. So I decided to do a chapter on turns!

I'm just going to explain how this can help your turns.

~FOCUS~
This is talking about your spot. Probably one of the most important components of a turn is the spot. If you don't have an easy to see spot, or of you spot the floor, you're going to end up on the floor, where you don't want to be while turning.

So find a good, clear spot that will be easy to see. Make sure you don't have any distractions, or as little distractions as you can get. Whip your head around as fast as you can, and find your spot again.

~RECTANGLE~
This basically means to hold your core tight, to keep your balance. Not much to say about this part really, but once again, this is really important in executing turns. Just make sure you engage your abs.

~ARCH~
This is referring to your relevé. Make sure you relevé as quickly as you can after starting the turn, but not before the turn starts. Also, don't pop your back heel before you relevé. make sure your foot is NOT sickled, and your leg is completely straight, your butt is tucked under and your shoulders and arms are relaxed, but in the correct position, in first. Make sure your weight isn't too far forward or back, or either side, but right in the centre.

Wow. I got a bit off topic there. oh well, it all relates. lol.

I hope this chapter helps people, and whatever you do, don't give up. Pirouettes aren't easy, they take time.

Remember to vote and comment any advice or requests.

Love you to the moon and back!!

Xx Emmy xX

~~~~

QOTC: how many turns can you do? (Single pirouettes)

AOTC: three on right and four on left.