~Improv!~

Imagine this:

You're waiting for the music to start, a clear image of combos and linking steps in your head that would be perfect for this song. Then you freeze.

Why? Because it's improvisation, that's why.

Often, we doubt ourselves whilst dancing and end up doing very elementary choreography and don't display our strengths. So that is why I am doing a chapter on improvisation. Yes.

~Help me! I can't seem to fluently link steps and combos together and I look like a jumbled mess!~
• First of all, listen to the music. Is it a pop piece? Classical? Hip-hop? Think of a few key combos just incase. (comment 'yasssss!' If you want a chapter on a few basic convos for dances)
• Don't forget jumps and leaps! Also add varying heights and slow and fast steps for contrast.
• Display your strengths, not your weaknesses. Everybody loves an impressive turn sequence, but if you are not a turner, just don't risk it and then you won't fail dramatically then be at the bottom of the pyramid (Dance Moms, Yall.) Stick to your comfort zone, and if that means skip claps and cartwheels, go for it.
• Don't forget your faces and emotion.
• Don't be shy to do steps your body tells you.
• Be in the moment and relax. When you are nervous, you tend to tense up, so relax and soften your arms and posture.
• Don't compare yourself to other people in the room. Just be the best you can be!

Thanks for reading guys! Feel free to send me any questions or requests about specific things you would like to see me do a chapter on. Also, vote to tell me you like this book! Comment too pleeeeease!

P.S. Please follow. Jk. don't follow me...
But if you follow me, I follow back ;)

Love you to infinity and beyond,
Xoxo Emmy!

~~~~

QOTC: I'd like requests on this chapter, please. Also, if you could be anywhere at this current moment, where would you be?

AOTC: If I could be anywhere in the whole world, I would be at the dance studio or with my crush.

~~~~

Comment 'I always knew my cat was a pizza' if you read all the way to the very end!