~How to Correctly Hold a Leg Hold/Leg Mount/Heel Stretch~

Hey guys, Emmy here! (Yay for little Sophia!)

This chapter is all about holding your leg hold properly. These are just a few tricks and tips that help me to get a technically good leg hold.

~Supporting Leg~
• Keep this leg straight at all times, it will help you to keep balanced.
• Squeeze your butt. It actually keeps you balanced and makes you feel supported.
• Dig your big toe into the ground and keep your leg slightly turned out. If it's too turned out, or not turned out enough, you will lose your balance.

~Upper Body~
• Keep your shoulders down and back, but not too far back.
• Tuck your tail under and keep correct posture. If you need to, use a chair or barre to help balance.
• While in the centre, keep your arm out to the side, like you would at the barre, or at a similar angle to your leg, to counter balance.

~The Leg~
• Make sure you squeeze your leg and keep your foot pointed at all times.
• Draw your leg up your supporting leg to your hand, don't bring your hand down to your foot.

~Random Tips~
• Set your balance before you lift your leg.
• Your weight should be on your supporting leg, but still towards the centre, but not to far towards either side.
• Keep your hips square. It's hard, but once you get it, it becomes easier.
• Don't bend your supporting leg at all! I've said this before, but it is important, as important as keeping a good posture.
• I say this to my cousin all the time, but don't stick your chest out. At all. It does not look pretty. It does not feel pretty. And it is definitely NOT technically correct.
• Point. Your. Feet. Full stop.
• Breathe. It keeps you relaxed and makes everything easier.

~Stretches to Get this Skill~
• Straddle then lean to the side. If you're leaning to the right, your left arm should go over your head, and your right arm should go infront of your right leg, and vice versa for the left.
• Splits and oversplits for front leg holds.

*Comment if you would like another stretches chapter*

• Don't give up!!

~

Thanks for reading!! Comment any requests or ideas or questions....and don't forget to vote!

Xx Emmy xX

~~~~

QOTC: Can you oversplit your leg hold?

AOTC: Yea, I can.