~How to Get Organised for Competitions~

Hey people! It's me!

Since I have a competition coming up, I thought I'd do a chapter on getting organised for them.

~Costumes~
• Get these organised a few days in advance.
• Sew anything that needs to be sewn before the competition, maybe a week before.
• If any part of your costume needs to be ironed, iron it the night before, and hang it up somewhere so it doesn't get crinkled.

~Shoes~
• Make sure you put all your shoes in your dance bag the night before. Don't put them on the floor, put them in your dance bag.

~Stockings/Tights~
• Make sure you have the correct tights in advance, and make sure they don't have any runs, rips or holes.
• Take a bottle of clear nail polish incase you get any tips or holes

~Dance bag~
• Organise your dance bag the day before.
• Put your shoes, tights, a sewing kit, or any other bits and pieces you will need in it.
• If you do multiple dances at competitions, invest in a Dream Duffel. They are really good for keeping your costumes organised and in the order of your dances, making it easier to find the correct costumes.
• There are also these containers with multiple compartments that you can change. (I have no clue what it's called, oops.) I have two of them, and they are amazing! You can put hair ties, bobby pins, hair nets, hair pieces, needle and thread and heaps of other bits and pieces.

~What should I do if I have a quick change between dances?~
• First things first, (I'm the realist) make sure you don't stress. It's hard, but after the first couple of times, it becomes easier.
• Ask your teacher if you can move your costume and any makeup, hair pieces, etc, somewhere closer to the stage, before you go onstage. if you can't, it's alright, you'll just have to be quicker. When I do competitions, normally there is one big change room and a bathroom, which is normally pretty close to the stage, so if we need to change quickly, we take our costumes there before the first dance, but we usually have two-three dances between.

~The night before~
• Go to bed early and get a good nights rest.
• Don't get yourself worried about the competition. you will do fine. the worst that will happen is that you won't place.

~On the day~
• Wake up at least an hour before you need to leave to go to the competition.
• Make sure you take everything you need.
• Don't watch the number before you, especially in a solo. It could psych you out.
• Keep warm. Keep stretching. Especially before your number.
• Be nice to other competitors.

~
Thanks for reading!! Comment requests, or advice and don't forget to vote!

Xx Emmy xX

~~~~

QOTC: Are you in a competition team for your studio?

AOTC: Yes, I am.