Moving out

She pushed down at the exasperating plastic bag, internally begging to fit the last pillow as its fluffy interior caused it to sway at every different side. No use, not bugging, but maybe if she just...

"Y/N! We need to be out of here by quarter past nine," Calls out her Dad from downstairs, "I hope you aren't slacking up there!" 

With one side glance at her watch, she realises it's already 9:10 am. Ten of those previous minutes were spent trying to get her bedsheets in this surprisingly fragile bag, who knew attempting to fit the pillows would be worse than trying to fit Y/N's clothes and luggage into her family's nightmare of a backseat car?

"No time for slacking on a morning like this!" Y/N proclaimed back in a smugly enthusiastic tone. 

While all these problems with suitcases and luggage were irritating enough, she couldn't help but feel ecstatic about this new adventure ahead. Living in the lower-middle-class sanctuary of Gotham City has been in and of itself a nightmare of a place to live. Sure it had some of the best superheroes, but it also had the cruellest villains. 

Who would want to live in a place where all the big bads like The Joker or Two-Face are swarming the streets with gangs looking for new innocent citizens to forcibly recruit? Nuh-uh, no thanks. She'll stick to having a stable lifestyle thank you very much!

Provokingly so, losing focus from the plastic bag caused that last pillow she had tried so hard to put in, to strike her hostilely to the face, and Y/N collapsed onto the empty mattress that lay behind. After an infuriated groan, the decision to hold it separately came to mind. 

Jump City was three hours away, might be useful to have a pillow at her seat instead of relying on those annoying neck pillows that did, out of all things, enrage her neck even more. 

"Y/N!" Her mother exclaims from downstairs, "Could you help your brother down here? He's lost his headphones!" 

Quickly after came Y/N's older brother calling out, "Maybe they're in the car! I swear they aren't in my room I already scoped out the place!"

Ignoring his excuses, she simply exchanges back, "I'll check anyway, you always leave stuff in unexpected places." 

With a single snicker, Y/N lifted herself from the mattress and carried her pillow along with the plastic bag out of the room, making a final glance at her small childhood room. It used to be covered in all forms of decor regarding her current hobbies, messy, but not messy enough to have created an ecosystem. 

Nevertheless, with all memories considered, it was time to move on and give herself a better life in a hopefully better apartment. 

Swinging her room's door shut, Y/N looks to the door on the right side beside her own. Still, with remnants of blue tack where her brother used to hang up all his weird posters. With all of them gone, it was hard to tell it was even his room, being so used to seeing them up for years at a time. 

One thing never changed though, and that was the smell. A mix of cologne and slightly toxic chemicals Y/N dared not to even ask what they were, he made a promise to her at this new apartment to change his ways, cause even he realised how terrible the room smelled. She shakes her head to silently scold her brother's devastatingly horrible choice of colognes.

Although, she can't really feel distasteful for him. He's the entire reason she got to move in the first place. Aaron, her brother, is what she liked to call a 'science geek'. So much so that he's been invested in all forms of sciences throughout his life, though he's most known for chemical, radiation and biological science. His most famous project was his experimental spiders, which with his advanced knowledge gave them different powers.