Masks [S1/EP8] (Part two)

Jump City, Saturday morning

It was a desperate morning for Spider-Girl. She was eager to see if the Titans had already figured out this "Red X" guy's motives. What he had said the night before hardly made any sense, although maybe she just hadn't had the time to think.

Yet the most that stood out to her, was how her spidey senses reacted during that fight. Even when Red X was attacking her, she had to rely on her sight and hearing to dodge; rather than the integrated instincts that would be present in all previous fights.

This was the first time she fought someone her senses couldn't detect, and that... was the most curious thing of all.

Swinging above cars and trucks on the busy streets of Jump city, she went to wave to the pedestrians and drivers as her casual courtesy. Though she was met with new expressions, not the welcoming smiles that cheered her up on a broody morning. Instead, she saw faces of distrust, frowns of uncertainty; and at worst, passive-aggressive anger.

Maybe some people are having a rough morning? She landed on top of the roof she used to catapult herself to the tower, watching a family below her stare at her cautiously, the two parents grabbing their kid's wrist and running off.

Maybe everyone's having a rough morning?

She shook her head and went back to her routine, keeping note of all the strange looks people were giving her.

Perhaps Red X has done something? Worst case scenario... Chameleon has done something.

Taking a calming breath, she created her web catapult.

No, no, if Chameleon was messing with her superhero life, the Titans would be spamming texts and calls through the new radio device.

Once the catapult was made, it was time to launch. Before she did, however, she checked her new radio device Cyborg made for her.

It was much like the original one she had before it was, based on what she predicted, stolen. Although, the emergency tracker couldn't be switched off this time, mainly to prevent it from getting "lost" again.

She was a bit paranoid about this at first, believing anyone with the right amount of hacking skills could use it to figure out where she lived. But Cyborg promised that the information was attached only to him, and had no outside attachments that could link even the most determined hackers to any of the addresses.

Most of all, Cyborg promised he wouldn't check without her permission unless it was an emergency. Of course, she trusted him. He's her friend, after all, a great one at that. So she happily agreed to take this new version.

After double-checking the device, and seeing nothing amiss, it was time to meet up with the team.

_________________________________________