Apprentice (Part two) [S1/EP11]

The Lair, Monday unspecified time.

Every step across the place made some form of echo, which made it barely impossible for Spider-girl to sneak around or escape. Not only that, but all the other villains that lurked in the building made sure to keep an eye on her, whether they were commanded to do that or not was out of the question. It was eerie, seeing herself beside the people she fought to put behind bars, Doc Oc and Vulture especially had to be the most awkward.

She was essentially told by her... "mentor," to wait patiently for a while before the first mission and some minor details are revealed. He kindly told her to, "Get to know your new, and permanent, home." in whatever sickening obsessive way he could express it.

Permanent home, who is he kidding? Trapping her in this building like a pet in a cage...

Standing and sticking onto a moving cog as it spun around in 360-degree movements over and over, she wondered about her family... She was supposed to be at home by the time they were awake. No idea what the time is, don't really have any place to look. Though if she was sure enough, the sun would definitely be up by now. Dad would be up making himself a morning cappuccino, mum would be sleeping in after a night shift, neither having any idea that their daughter is stuck in a factory full of supervillains being tormented by a freaky mastermind.

And her friends, Harry and Gwen, when they realize she's missing, what will they do? Gwen will probably ask the Daily Bugle to put her missing case on the papers. Harry would help pay for an extensive search effort if she's still stuck here for a day or two more. What is she supposed to tell them? Will she ever be able to get the chance to tell them?

Of course, she will, she has to...

"Been getting sleep?" Chameleon's voice drills out her thoughts.

As the cog spins her upwards towards the nearest balcony, there she was. Leaning herself on the handrail with her arms crossed, no disguise, just the white plaster face and a casual outfit along with some gadgets and a badge with Slade's symbol stuck to her left chest. Odd seeing Chameleon not in disguise, ironically much less intimidating than when she is in one.

"Is that fashion sense original?" Spider-girl walks off the moving cog, "Or a copy of someone else's too?"

Chameleon makes an amused grin, "You still have the spirit, I see." she looks around, peering at the only villain on duty, Vulture, exiting the building once he sees that she's taken over, "There are no cameras in here, so let me give you an update while I have the chance."

Spider-girl remarks, "About time. Have you just been enjoying my suffering here for the past who-knows how many hours?" Staring at Chameleon blankly, she just holds up her sadistic smile, "...Of course you have... Just-, just give me the update already."

"Very well," Chameleon starts, "Outside, your parents have figured out you're missing, I couldn't cover for you this time, because Slade still requires me to be around here. He is yet to know I made that fake file of information about you, I have the real one back at my place. Though I haven't been able to track his location since he first told you to wait a couple of hours ago; he always knows how to cover his tracks as much as I do."

"Can you circle back to my parents?" Spider-girl worriedly asks, "How are they-... Uhm. Holding up?"

Chameleon replies, "Police have been called, Mother's called your two friends, all squirming around like little ants." she holds in a chuckle, "Quite hilarious, don't you think?"

Hardly anything escapes from Spider-girl's voice box, every time she thinks she's about to have a stable conversation with Chameleon she always happens to pull in some messed-up sentence to ruin it. Nudging past her, she walks across what had to have been at least her ninety-something lap around the place.