1

Y/n sighed again and leaned over the countertop.
"Are you alright?" Marinette said.

"Yeah." Y/n mumbled. "Just bored, I thought an akuma attack was sure to happen today, we haven't had one at all this week and everything seems so ...boring" Marinette giggled.

"Isn't that a good thing? Everyone staying themselves and villains giving up on trying to hurt Paris and our superheroes."

"After five years?" Y/n scoffed. "I doubt it."

"Are you mad that there's no akuma attacks or are you mad that there's no reason for Chat Noir to come out?" Mari turned to you and grinned.

"Can't it be both?" You groaned, the bell the the bakery door dinged meaning a customer was here, you glanced up and saw a familiar boy, you continued to lean on the counter.

"What's wrong with Y/n today?"

"Nothing," Marinette giggled at Adrian. "She's just upset there hasn't been an attack on Paris yet."

"Don't make me sound like a villain Mari, it's just, how am I supposed to see him if there is no reason for him to be out?"

"See who?" Adrian said,

"Chat Noir." Marinette rolled her eye's at the name and continued her sentence, "I thought you watch him from your window every night what happened to that?"

Adrian looked taken aback and turned to look at Y/n who was gazing at the ceiling mindlessly.

"It's not the same, besides he patrols about two streets over from me so I see more of a small dark silhouette." You sigh again.

"She's been like this all morning." Marinette whispered to Adrian.

"Maarriii don't make fun of me when I know you can understand, after all you were once in my situation." Marinette narrowed her eyes at you.

"You liked Chat Noir?" Marinette faked puking at Adrian's words,

"No She's talking about someone else, I've never liked that shamless cat she peeks at."

It's been a long time since Marinette ever felt that way, she no longer has that big of a crush on Adrian she was never able to fully confess her feelings, and Adrian still remains clueless on it, Marinette is content with the friendship they have. However, she still believes he is attractive.

"Don't you dare say that about him, you're just jealous." You stick your tongue out at Mari

"So is it true, do you really watch Chat Noir from your window?" Adrian asks,

"Every night like clock work, he passes by my line of sight at exactly 11:24 pm and again at 1:56 am. And for those few brief seconds, my life is complete." You immediately drop your head to the countertop and then lightly hit the surface with your fist. "But I want to see him closerrrr. Ugh! Stupid moth man hurry up and make a disaster already."

Marinette giggled one more time. "If you don't stop moping around you might be ackumatized."

"And be that close to Chat Noir? I'd have a heart attack and die of happiness before they even have the opportunity to fight me. I'd be the worst villain." You picked your head off the counter and laughed.

"I didn't know you were such a big fan of Chat Noir Y/n." You glance over at Adrian who had a slight blush in his cheeks, you immediately thought it was second hand embarrassment.

"Of course the biggest, I'm his number one fan." You winked at Adrian and he laughs a little.

"Oh yeah, sooo big of a fan she knows exactly at what time he'll pass by her window." Mari smirked, and you shot her a glare.

"So you must have met him before then, right?" At Adrian's words, your mood drops again, and you lean on the counter once more.

"No, he tried to help me off the ground one time during an attack, but I got too scared to touch him, so I scooted backwards and then he disappeared. I've never regretted any decision more than that one."

Marinette started to laugh,
"You should've seen her when she came into work the next day she was totally heartbroken, then she called out sick the following day."

Adrian let out a chuckle, "You like him that much you called out sick for denying his help?"

"He was being kind and I pushed him away!! Not only that but it was an opportunity to touch his hand and I missed it." You dragged your hand down your face,

Adrian reached over the countertop to pat you on the shoulder,
"It's alright I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to do it again, who knows maybe you already have without knowing it." He said smiling,

"No, I would know 100% without a doubt if I ran into him outside the costume, my heart?? Would beat so fast out of my chest that there would be no mistaking it."

"Yeah? Well, you look fine now, is he close?" You close your eyes to play along with Adrian. You put your hands on either side of your head trying to focus.

"Yes, he's close... I can feel him. He's near." You open your eyes and place one of your hands on your chest, "He's in my heart." You smile and look at Adrian who has become pale. "Are you okay?"

"He's probably weirded out by you Y/n," she giggled and turned to him. "Don't worry she's always like this about Chat, she would jump in front of a car if she got to meet Chat Noir." She said crossing her arms to look at you,

"Yeah, probably." You grinned. "Can you blame me? A hottie in a mask rescuing me? Please, if only I was truly in danger." You place your hand on your forehead and lean on Marinette, "Oh no, the akuma are every where, I'm so scared, help me!" You laughed, and Mari rolled her eyes.

"She's been waiting for this Akuma attack all week just to get a glimpse of him, and it's unhealthy." Marinette pinched the brim of your nose.

"Who knows," Adrian finally handed over his change for his regular butter croissants. "Maybe you'll get to see him soon."

"Don't get her hopes up." Mari glared at you, you just grinned

"Maybe I should just stand out in the streets and yell akuma, then he'll show up."

Adrian laughed and waved goodbye as he left the shop.

"Yeah, good luck with that." Mari playfully threw a rag at you and you guys started cleaning.