22

(Because it's been 4 months you might want to read the last chapter before reading this one. If not, fuck it we ball, next chapter will be business as usual with better storyline)

After slamming your bedroom door in Chat’s face you let out a huge angered sigh. You stomped your way to the living room and you huffed, noticing Nate sitting calmly on the couch. You wanted to be alone, now it's obvious, it's not going to happen.

“You’re not worried about the akuma attack?” he glanced up slightly from the book he was reading at your question.

He could tell you were annoyed, you could tell he didn’t care.
“You’re not.” He said looking down at his book,

“I have a super-idiot boyfriend.”

“I have first hand experience. Ladybug will put my leg back on if it falls off, besides that mess is on the other side of the city. I just wish it wasn't so noisy, it’s starting to sound like July 14th out there.” (France’s national holiday)

You walked over to Nate and plopped down next to him, you leaned on his shoulder and peeked at his book.

“Your super-idiot won’t like that.”

“Fuck him, I don’t care what he thinks, who’s to say he even is telling the truth.” Nate gave a small smirk at your words.

“Trouble in paradise?”

Your face scrunched at the memories flooding back to you. You couldn’t believe you let Adrian make a fool of you like that, you also couldn't believe it took you so long to find out. When was he even planning on telling you? How long was he going to make fun of you, to your face, if you hadn’t caught on?

You felt like the super-idiot, trusting someone so much only because you idolized them. “What do you think about moving?”

“Out of this shit hole? Why would I do that?” Nathaniel said, “So my view can be anything but the old man walking around naked? Where else would I get inspo from?”

“Don’t be weird Nate, I’m being serious. Let’s move. I'm sick of this apartment and I’m sick of my job and the superhero's of Paris. Literally a mile outside of Paris is peaceful, we wouldn't even go far and we’d be away from everything.”

Nate closed his book and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I can’t believe I’m about to say this after years of wanting to be anywhere else, but why the hell do you want to move? What happened to the ‘I can’t leave because he patrols near here’ and now you say that you hate working with Marinette? Did you forget to screw your brain back in this morning?”

You folded your arms and closed your eyes,

“I think it’s been out of my head for a while and I just need to get away.” You and Nate just sat there on the couch, practically melting into it for a few silent seconds.

“I’m not saying you are wrong, you’ve been a fucking idiot, but I don’t think moving is going to solve your problems.”

“Don’t be rude and unhelpful. Ugh.” You stood up and walked up to the tv that was a few feet in front of the couch and paced. “I just want to get away, I need to be removed from everything just for a little while.”

Nate stayed on the couch and mimicked you from a moment before, crossing his arms then closing his eyes.
“Then what do you need me for? I’m down for supporting delusions, that’s no problem. But in four months, if you even think about Paris, i’ll kill you.”

You stopped walking back and forth, “Then what am I supposed to do?”

“How would I know? I don’t even know what’s wrong. Look, I’m not the best at giving relationship advice maybe Marinette or Alya could help you, if you need a change of setting just sleepover at their house like kids or something, Just don’t do anything stupid like quit your job and buy a house in Indre or Loiret.”