13

Waking up in the morning your bed was empty, your phone was now on it's charger but completely turned off. Your body felt sluggish and you really didn't want to get up today. You glanced around your room noticing your curtains had been drawn shut and the door to your room locked.

You pressed down on the power button to your phone waiting for it to turn back on. Knowing full well that after last night Marinette was going to kill you and your message box had to be full.

You sighed and looked around again, there was no sign at all that the cat had been here. You searched everywhere for even a piece of clothing to be out of place but it was all how you left it. For some reason this made you upset. How he can always disappear without a trace, well to be honest you were more upset that he left in general.

You flung the curtains open and let the bright light of day blind you slightly before you focused your sight, it had to be later in the day, due to where the sun was at and the bare amounts of traffic.

You smile softly. Looking down in the garden box hanging from your window was a small wildflower he had left for you. The small gesture made heat flood to your cheeks as you excitedly grabbed the little flower. You were going to make it your mission to fill the garden box with the exact same flower, because now it was your favorite.

Your heart felt warm knowing that when he left he soon returned to bring you a small gift, you knew you had to treasure this forever.

You rushed over to your door to unlock it, starting an immediate rampage for a vase. Finding none suitable, you came to the conclusion you'd have to go buy one along with any plant that could be the same flower as this one. You placed the flower in a cup with a little water and ran right back to your room for clothes.

Hearing noises from your phone you realized you had completely forgotten your original goal this morning. You rolled your eyes and picked up your phone, Marinette was still trying to contact you, you decided it was best to contact Adrian first.

                                                                                  ***

You felt bad, rushing through the phone call with Adrian. You were too excited to even focus during the conversation. Staring at the flower all you could think about was how to get them and even how you were going to keep them alive, because sometimes you weren't that great with plants.

You ended up lying to him a little bit but the truth was you were really sorry about what happened and you really didn't know what time it was. You closed the curtains to your window and started to get dressed for what was left of the day. You left your flower on your desk and started to call Marinette on your way out the door.

"Hey Mari it's me."

"Omg thank god you're alright! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS ABOUT YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT TO US!"

"I know, I know, trust me, I'm fine. I am okay, nothing happened but I'm not going to be coming in today. I've got something going on today."

"You seriously can't just keep missing work because of this guy y/n, he's bad news. Sooner or later you're going to end up in some sort of danger." You laughed at Mari

"I'm not seeing Chaton today, well not that I know of." You quickly wrote a note for Nathaniel saying you'd be back later and stuck it on the fridge. "I just got a few places I need to be at today."

"You see I can't trust that, you say you're not going out on a date with him but then you say you just have a few places you 'need to be' Y/n this is sounding like it's being read from a script, is he kidnapping you right now? Where are you? Where's Nathaniel? I want to speak to him!" You laughed again,