2

You let out a breath of relief, your shift was over and you finally were able to go home. You folded your apron and stuffed it between the handles of your bag. Before leaving you made sure to wave goodbye to Marinette.

You started your walk home. Today, felt like it was longer than usual, which you didn't mind as you were just wandering around. You glanced at all the posters in shop windows, billboards, the trees, the people. You were amazed that Adrian was still a top model in Paris, whose face is practically everywhere, but still, he remained friends with everyone from high school.

You never really talked to him much since you weren't really that close to the main four, you hung out a lot with Nathaniel and only later became friends with Marinette and Alya.

You only truly became friends with Adrian after you all graduated and he would drop by the bakery where you helped out Marinette's family.

Adrian would come by every day, get 2 croissants and then leave. Marinette didn't mind because in the beginning she got to see Adrian but now it's just nice to see friends so often.

Adrian wouldn't spend more than 15 minutes at the bakery, he always had to leave to go do something for his modeling career, you would know more but you never quite payed alot of attention.

You closed your eyes briefly feeling the sting and burn of your eyes telling you to keep them closed, you reminded yourself to take a nap later even though you would fall asleep on the sidewalk if society allowed it. You yawned and did a small stretch before opening your eyes and continuing to walk.

Then, like an angel had come down to give you a blessing from the gods, you heard screams coming from the street up ahead. You silently let out a soft 'yes' before walking briskly to the screams.

You couldn't stop the smile on your face from forming as you saw a villain right before your very eyes. He opened his mouth to maybe scream, but instead, only strong air came out. It pushed cars down the street, ripped trees out of the ground, and made objects zoom by at high speeds.

As exciting as this opportunity was, you also didn't want to die. You backed up a bit untill you found an alleyway to hide in. You hid behind the wall and just waited to see if you could spot them before the villain moved streets.

"Woah, that's some bad breath!" The faint noise of a bad joke caught your ears. It could only be one man. The smile on your face widened as you saw behind the villain the glorious superhero Chat Noir oh and also Ladybug.

You watched behind the wall as they fought the villain. You got to see Chat use his cataclysm and the red one use her powers but that wasn't as entertaining.

"Easy breezy." Chat Noir smiled at Ladybug before they bumped fists. Your heart melted, you slid towards the ground at Chat's smile.

You clasped your hands together and closed your eyes,
"This is the best day of my life." You let out a shaky breath as you tried your best not to scream with joy.

"Glad we could make your day so special My Lady." Your eyes shot open and you looked at the owner of the voice. Your eyes widened in surprise as you were close enough to see details in Chat Noir's uniform.

'Nathan is never going to believe this.'

You sat there with your eyes wide trying to determine if he was really there or if you've finally gone off the deep end and now you're having your psychotic break.

"My Lady, are you alright?" You blinked a couple of times to try and snap out of your thoughts. You pinch your arm and look up to see that he is still there.

"Holy shit you're real." You quickly cover your mouth and apologize, but Chat only laughs.

"Chat, I checked the surrounding area and it seems to be pretty clear of people-" You glance behind Chat to see Ladybug. "What are you doing here?" You were taken aback by her question.

Ladybug narrowed her eyes at you, which made you feel weird.

"Are you okay bugaboo? You don't seem like yourself." Noir asked,

"Fine I'm just wondering what a civilian is doing over here in the middle of a dangerous area."

"My apartment is a couple streets ahead and I have nowhere else to hide out but here."

"You could try different shops or ask people to help you and let you in."

"Tried that," You said lying through teeth. "Shop's lock the doors because they don't want the akumatized in or any person that could be affected by them in. Oh, and also, stranger danger, you should know this." You returned the narrowed gaze at Ladybug, who only scoffed.

"You got a problem?" You asked, making the tension in the air extremely noticeable.

"No, I just find it strange that everyone else is gone, yet you're still here." You stand up from your spot and take off the jean jacket you were wearing and tossed it onto your purse.

"What, so I'm supposed to stay on the street and get blown away by some idiot? No, thank you. I'd rather be in a dumpster than having to deal with a broken leg whilst I wait for you guys to fight it out." Chat Noir stood in between you two,

"Let's all calm down for a moment, Ladybug was just worried something suspicious was happening."

"Nuh uh, sorry Kitty but I got over 20 years of pent up anger and a gigantic don't give a fuck attitude and that? Just set me off. What do you got against me anyway bug? I'm going home, there's an attack, I hide, what you don't like my spot? Not out of the way enough for you? Last time I checked I thought superheroes didn't really care where civilians hid just that they were okay. Weren't you just looking for some earlier? Or is it just me you have the problem with?"

Ladybug sighed, "Look I didn't mean to-"

"No but you did, you verbally attacked me after I just had a really great day. Now I've got to go home pissed off instead of happy." A beeping sound went off and Ladybug pulled out her yo-yo.

"Sorry you feel that way kid but I got to go." Before you could say anything else she whips off.

"I apologize for that, I don't know what's gotten into her." Chat Noir scratched the back of his neck, your scowl immediately disappeared and turned into a soft smile.

"No need you didn't do anything, thank you for... um saving Paris." You looked down at the ground in shame at your choice of words. Chat Noir laughed. Another beeping went off and you knew it was his time to go.

"I hate to disappear in the air like this but I have to go, see you around." Chat Noir grabbed your hand and gave it a small kiss before leaving you all alone. You brought the other hand up to your mouth to stop yourself from screaming as you picked up your stuff and ran home.