24

You took a taxi to Marinette's, normally you would just walk because it's not that long of a walk but with a bag full of clothes it would look weird if you were to walk that far with it. That and it would probably get heavy.

On the way to Mari's you pulled up news articles about yesterday's attack. Part of you was relieved to read that Chat Noir did go back and help Ladybug end the fight. Somehow it all seemed strange because normally there would be some sort of camera footage but this time there was nothing until basically the fight was over, it had all seemed to be erased.

Even Alya's blog was empty, only a post explaining how she didn't know why all her footage was fried and a small summary of what she saw. Nothing abnormal.

When you had arrived at Mari's you hoped nobody but Mari would be in the bakery. It would be best if only her and maybe Alya knew about this. If Adrian happened to be there and saw you with the bag, you would have no idea how either of you would react. To your surprise the bakery was closed but all the blinds were open.

You noticed nobody else was inside so after you collected your bag from the trunk you pulled out your spare key to the store. Opening the door the bell attached went off. Rustling noises pulled your attention to the stairs, Marinette soon followed after the noise. You laughed and relocked the door.

"Were you frantically cleaning?" you asked,

Mari smiled and pulled off the pale pink bandana holding her hair back,

"Maybe." She finished coming down the stairs and pulled you up them by your forearm. "This is going to be exciting! I've never had a roommate before!"

"Well it's only for a little bit.." Mari grabbed your duffle bag from you and threw it on the couch.

"I'll take it, it still counts! Come on I'll show you around!"

Even though you had seen Mari's apartment many times before, you had fun going around to the different rooms with her. She turned her parents old room into an office but other than that, it all remained the same since high school.

"And now that you're here, you won't be late to work! You'll actually be able to make it to your shifts."

You laughed nervously, even though Marinette was still smiling, there was definitely a stern seriousness in her voice. Mari led you further into her room, she offered to share the bed with you or you could crash on the couch if you felt more comfortable. You didn't care either way, as long as you were away from home.

"Thanks Mari, you didn't have to do this for me." You gave her a side hug,

"Don't thank me yet, you might not want to live with me soon, we still haven't talked about why you changed your mind within 24 hours."

You couldn't stop the headache from forming automatically, even thinking about that man makes you angry and makes you physically ill.

"Do you want me to call Alya?" she said,

"Are you kidding?" You smiled, "Boyfriend drama with thee superhero Chat Noir? We'd be dead by morning if we didn't tell her." Mari laughed and reached for her cell phone.

"I'll go grab some snacks from downstairs, do I need anything else? Tissues? A punching bag?"

"A new man." You let out a small laugh, however you noticed Mari's smile drop before it quickly returning. She forced out a small laugh to match yours as she left the room.

Marinette wondered how bad it really was now as she dialed for Alya. There was no doubt that she was coming over, blog or not, Alya was a good friend and she will always be there for anyone she cares for.