18

Alya killed the smile she was fighting back and started her sentence before Marinette could breathe another question.
"I think what she's trying to say is that he was there, just not in the apartment. It would've been better to spot an attack from outside on the roof rather than inside."

"Right." You said. “Sorry Mari, I knew that you disliked Chat. I thought you would feel better knowing that he wasn’t there.” Mari sighed at you,

“Maybe a few days ago, but now? I don't know if I’m okay with you being alone at all, I still don’t like the fact you and Chat are together and he is your form of protection… wait. Why don’t you just move in with me?” Marinette grabbed your hands in her own. “It would be great! You would never be alone! plus you’d never be late to work again!”

You laughed nervously, you loved Marinette but sleeping in the same building across from your boss didn't sit right. Also you could never fake being sick again.
“That sounds sooo great Mari but unfortunately I already have a roommate and I make it to work just fine.”

“But now that you’d have to be more careful with going outside it would be best if you moved. Who knows if Hawkmoth knows where you live? What if an akuma was waiting for you at home right now?”

You rolled your eyes annoyed already about where this conversation with Marinette was going.
“In that case wouldn’t it be better to get a different job? Better yet why don’t I just move to a different country altogether?”

“I’m serious Y/n.” She folded her arms. “You’ve put yourself in a dangerous situation, you need to get out of it or try your best to minimize the chances of you getting hurt.”

“I’ll be fine, besides Chat Noir will be there, he’ll be able to get to me before anything bad happens.”

“But that’s the problem, nothing should happen. This ‘relationship’ came with a big risk, you knew that it was potentially dangerous whether or not you cared to acknowledge it beforehand and I just don't see the benefit in sticking it out.” You raised an eyebrow at Marinette shocked at the words she had just spoken.

“Benefit? There is no benefit, I get to be with the man I like. Is that not enough? There is a risk in every relationship and there is a risk of being caught in an akuma attack every time you open a door. If anything, luck is on my side because Chat has a reason to want to save me besides the average protecting the civilians.”

Mari sighed,
“Feelings can cloud your mind and make it difficult to think clearly in situations.”

“I trust him to save me before I get put in immediate danger. Besides, Ladybug would also be there. Alya, don’t you think Ladybug would also try and get me out of danger if I were to be taken?”

With no hesitation Alya answered.
“Absolutely, sorry Mari, girl you know I love you but Ladybug can do anything and a knight in shining .. leather pants, saving the stolen Princess? That is going to be EATEN by everyone on my blog." You giggled, clutching the fabric of your t-shirt dramatically.

“Oh how I long to see my mysterious knight in shining leather pants” You laughed harder.

“This isn’t funny,” Mari interrupted stopping your laughing all together. “Chat Noir has a duty to the people, he’ll save you yes, but if a group of civilians were also in trouble, who do you think he would prioritize? How well do you even know him as a person? Do you know who he really is or do you still call him Chat?” You closed your eyes, trying your best to not let Marinette's words get to you, even though what she said had a string of truth to it.

Admitting that stung.

“I've liked him for a lot longer than he has liked me, if he wishes to not tell me his name, that’s fine by me. Even if I did know his name I probably would end up calling him by a pet or nick name. Keeping his identity from me is the last shred of protection he could have for himself, personally it wouldn’t make a difference who he was under the mask as long as he still was the same person and treated me no differently. I would also hope that my favorite hero would know that the lives of many outweigh the lives of a few.”