Chapter 2: His Life

Abhi was anxiously tapping his foot on the tiled floor. He has to get into a top medical college this year. He has no other option. 3 years of his life have been sacrificed for clearing NEET.

If he wanted he would have taken admission to any private medical college as offered by his father. But he wanted to prove his worth rather than taking his father's money and choosing the simple path.

And this was his third attempt. If not this time then he is going to leave this fucking dream behind, join any business college and join his father's group of industry. This is what he will do. No more reading of that Biology NCERT.

"Can you stop making this annoying noise?" Abhi looked at the source of this voice. Pritam his best friend was looking annoyingly at his foot.

"Just tell me my marks man!" Abhi asked in turn rather than stopping his anxious foot.
"How would I know your marks? For the last half an hour I am telling you the site is not responding. Just calm down, take deep breaths and for god sake stop tapping your foot, it's very annoying "

Taking a deep breath Abhi halted his foot and leaned back on the luxurious couch they were sitting on. He just wants to know his marks. Enough of the suspense now. He is going to kill those NTA people. They can't even handle a website. Who the hell gave them the responsibility to conduct such important entrance exams?

His mother entered with a wide smile on her lips and a packet of sweets in her hands. "You got 674 marks, Abhi. I am so proud of you. May you get much more success in the coming years of your life? Now have these ." She said forwarding a kaju katli near his mouth.

"How do you know?" He asked, too surprised to believe her words.
"Your father called from his office. He is in an important meeting now. He said he will meet you directly at dinner. "She said excitedly.

"O yes, man!! 674 Wow you will definitely get some top college Congratulations. I am very very happy for you. Aunty just give these sweets to me." He said keeping the laptop on Abhi's lap and taking the whole packet of kaju katli, picking one and chewing it leisurely.

Abhi looked at his result on the screen. Happy would be a small word to explain his feeling. He was on cloud nine. Finally, his 3 years of hard work have paid off.

He studied so hard for these 3 years. No girlfriend, no social media, no party, no clubs, no distraction. Now he can enjoy his life as it was before he entered that hell of a city called Kota.

Now he will enjoy the time of his life and have all the fun he has been missing out.

Now it's time to welcome the old Abhimanyu who got lost in the world of competitive exams.