Chapter 53

It's easier to fight when your opponent is another person. But when the fight is between your heart and mind then you are gonna lose the either way. And you are gonna win the either way. Who is going to decide who was wrong and who was right?

Abhi was facing a very similar situation these days. He has decided to ignore that girl at every cost. But his eyes itched to see her once in a while.

He left as soon as she stepped out of his car. Just to prove to her that he doesn't want to spend any more time than needed with her. But he felt guilty for that the whole night. He should have waited till she entered her apartment safely. That was very irresponsible of him.

So he wanted to see her in the morning just to check that she was ok. Nothing more. And he did. He saw her coming out of the emergency room with Dr Dalmia. She was ok. He doesn't need to see her again.

But her face looked a little worried. So he decided to check on her again. Just to ensure she is ok. Nothing more. She has been his friend once. He can do that much. And he found her sitting with Dr Pooja in the canteen during lunchtime.

"Dr Abhimanyu!" Dr Pooja called as she saw him. He expected that. That's why he was standing there for the last five minutes.

"Hello, Dr Pooja," he smiled approaching them and taking a seat beside her in front of Aaradhya.

"Try this," she said offering her cheese sandwich towards him.

"It's cheese, Abhi," Aaradhya said as he was about to take a bite of it. He was not allergic to cheese. But he didn't like it. He felt nauseated after eating it. He would not admit that and argued every time on this but after vomiting several times in their college life he gave up on eating that weird thing.

"Oh!" he said keeping it back.

"What happened?" Pooja looked confused at them.

"I don't eat cheese," Abhi told her.

"Oh!" she said.
"How do you know about it?" she asked Aaradhya after a few seconds.

"I... He...I.." Aaradhya stammered.

"I told her yesterday when I dropped her," he told Pooja.

"Oh! Ok. I'll bring something else for you," she offered.

"No thanks. I'll take something myself," he declined the offer.

"No. You don't know the specialities of this canteen, yet. Let me introduce you. You allergic to any other thing?" she asked.

"No, I am not. And I am not allergic to cheese either. I just don't like it," he clarified. He could see Aaradhya smiling from the corner of his eyes. They always had a debate on this in the past.

"Ok. You are going to love the dish I am going to serve you then," she said quickly standing up and going towards the counter.

An awkward silence followed for the next two minutes. Aaradhya cleared her throat to gain his attention but failed.

"Abhi," she called softly.

No response.

"Abhi," she called again.

No response.

She was embarrassed now. He was truly determined to ignore her. But she decided to try one last time.

"Abhi,"

"I heard you the first time. Do you want to just repeat my name? Just speak whatever you want to, " he said in an irritated voice.

"Can we talk?" she asked gathering all her courage.

"And what exactly are we doing now?" he asked.

"Not here. Not like this. After hospital hours," she told him.