Chapter 66

Only one week was left before Abhimanyu and Aaradhya's engagement. Aaradhya's family had reached Delhi already. They have decided to do the engagement in Delhi and the marriage would take place in Lucknow. There was a lot of chaos going on around them but they loved it. For Aaradhya's family, it was the marriage of their eldest daughter. The first big occasion for the family after a long time. And for Abhi, it was the marriage of their youngest son, the one who was pampered and protected all his life. It was supposed to be a grand celebration.

Tanu and Yuvraj were coming after two days and Teena and Anuj a day after. It was going to be a reunion for them. They all were excited and happy.

Aaradhya was with Abhi looking at the invitation cards when her phone rang. A smile appeared on her lips when she saw the caller ID. She accepted the video call immediately.

"Are you practising for my marriage?" she asked playfully when she saw Tanu's partition filled with vermilion.

"I just got married," Tanu said a little hesitantly.

Abhi and Aaradhya looked at each other in shock and then at Tanu. They waited for a few minutes for her to laugh it off and tell them she was just joking. Yuvraj and Tanu wanted to get married, there was no doubt about that. But like this, suddenly?

"Why are you looking at me like this? I am really married," she said again.

"Oh! Wow. How? Why? When...." Aaradhya started with her questions.

"Let me add Teena too. She will make me repeat the whole story again otherwise," Tanu said. Soon Anuj and Teena were also added to their screens. All excited to know the story behind this sudden marriage.

"So, I told you guys that Yuvraaj's father was pestering him to meet him for a few days. So, Yuvraaj agreed to meet him for lunch today. But he took me with him too. And you know that man hates me," Tanu scoffed.

"Then?" Teena said impatiently

"He wanted to meet Yuvraj because he had some good proposals for him. From rich and influential families like his. Yuvraj rejected them, obviously. But then his dad called me names which I don't want to even mention here. And then Yuvraj suddenly went to his mother's room and came out with a small box. Then he filled my partition with this," she said signalling towards her head.
"And then he asked his father not to disturb him and his wife again. You should have looked at that old man's face. God!" Tanu finished her little story.

"Oh wow! Congratulations! But are you..... Like are you really ok with this? You are a married woman suddenly," Aaradhya asked.

"I am fantastic. Yuvraj looked so so sexy when he did that. You know just like they show in movies. I wanted a big fat Indian wedding though. But he said we'll have it in a few days, after yours and Abhi," Tanu smiled.

Then there was a knock on her door.

"It must be him. Don't tell him I called him sexy," Tanu said, standing up quickly and leaving. Then she came back with her husband who had a few bags in his hands.

"Hi, guys! Looks like she told you everything already," Yuvraj greeted them.

They wished him congratulations and had some light talk for some time.

"How are you feeling? Like becoming a husband suddenly...." Teena asked.

"Oh! I am regretting it," he said.

"Excuse me? What did you say?" Tanu asked looking offended.

"I said I am regretting...."

"Just a few hours after marriage and you are already regretting it. Regretting marrying me? Me?" she asked incredulously. The others looked at the couple silently, not sure what to do or say.