Chapter 38

All the eyes were resting on Abhimamyu's face. Why did he stop the groom from coming downstairs. How dare he!

"Excuse me! Who the hell are you to order me like that," Ansh said taking a step forward.

"Stop! Don't come here. You should not see the bride before marriage. It's considered a bad omen. Panditji told us that," Dev said covering up the situation.

"What bullshit! I don't believe these all," Ansh said descending down the stairs.

"Ansh, stay wherever you are!" Urmila said and he stopped. He knows his mother. She would not allow him to come down now.

"Panditji, what are these boys saying?" Urmila asked the priest.

"The... They are right. It's not good if he sees the bride before the wedding. Ask him to remain in his room till then," the priest said with a little hesitation.

"You should have told this earlier," Urmila said in an disappointed tone. What if Ansh's had seen the bride. Thanks to the boys for stopping him there. She does not want anything bad to happen today. It's her son's marriage, after all.

"It slipped out of my mind. I am sorry," the priest said.

"Just call me when all this nonsense is over," Ansh said irritatedly and turned to go to his room.

All of them took a breath of relief.

The function started. The priest asked Anuj to take the pot filled with milk near Teena. Anuj went and gave it to her and saw the mark on her face.

"Who?" he asked in a very quiet voice while handling her the pot.

"Ansh," she answered finding it hard to control her tears.

Anuj just clenched his jaws tightly. That son of a bitch! How dare he touch her! He would not leave him this easily.

"Dev, come with me. We need to take care of something," Anuj said reaching the boys.

"What happened?" Abhi asked.

"Nothing. I just want to meet the groom. Looks like he is very brave. I want to check that his bravery is limited to women only or extended to men too," Anuj answered, anger evident in his voice.

"Don't do anything stupid to mess this all up," Abhi said.

"No. Do whatever you want. Take this gun with you too. Shoot that bastard if needed," Yuvraj said.

"Are you stupid?" Abhi said glaring at Yuvraj.
"Anuj, I trust you. Go but please be careful. One mistake and this will be over," Abhi said gently to Anuj.

"Don't worry. You guys stay here. We will be back soon," Anuj said.

*****************

Ansh was busy on his laptop when he heard a knock at his door.

"Come inside!" he shouted.

Dev and Anuj entered the room and locked the door behind them.

"What happened?" Ansh asked looking at them.

"There is a ritual your mother wants us to perform here, " Anuj answered.

"Here? In my room?" Ansh asked confused.

"Yes, you cannot leave the room until the wedding," Dev answered.

"Ok, do whatever you want. And be quick," Ansh said shifting his focus to his laptop again.

"You have to sit on this chair for that sir," Anuj said.

"Why? What exactly are you going to do?" Ansh asked shutting his laptop. He was very irritated now.