Chapter 39

Everyone was back to their respective rooms by 10 in the night. They asked Teena to stay in Yuvraj's flat or in Aaradhya and Tanu's room for the night but she declined. She needed her space and moreover there was no point in hiding now. She has not run from the wedding instead she has told everyone that she was leaving.

There was no call or text from Aaradhya's family till now. She was sure her Mami would have given the news to her family by now. But why was there no drama till now. Maybe it's the silence before the storm. She just prayed to get the strength to face whatever problems were coming to her next.

Of all the incidents that took place at Ansh's mansion, she could not help but think of the one when Abhi stood up for her. He didn't let her Mami touch her. And what has she done for him? Acted like a coward and avoided him. She wanted to be brave enough to stand for herself, to stand for him, but it was very difficult. Sleep slowly took over her as she was indulged in these thoughts.

********************

Tanu found Aaradhya all ready to go somewhere when she woke up in the morning.

"Where are you going this early?" Tanu asked getting down the bed.

"Mummy called. They are here. Mami has told them everything. They want me to come to her house," Aaradhya said.

"Oh god! They are already here. They came from Lucknow to Varanasi just after hearing about that incident! What are you going to say?" Tanu asked panicked.

"Don't worry Tanu. The moment I saw Mami there, I knew something like this was gonna happen," Aaradhya said smiling weakly.

Though she was trying to act brave but inside she was nervous as hell. What would her father do now? He must be so disappointed. This is the first time she was so scared to face him.

"Should I come with you? Maybe they would act with a little leniency when they see me with you," Tanu suggested.

"No. I'll have to face this alone. Don't worry, I'll be fine," Aaradhya said and left the room.

Tanu was not convinced at all. The Aaradhya she knows must be crying her eyes out in such situations. Tanu did the first thing that came to her mind. She dialled Abhi's number immediately.

*******************

Aaradhya found Abhi standing near the auto stand as she reached there.

"Going to meet your parents?" he asked casually.

"Yes," she answered shortly.

"So what are you gonna say to them?" he asked again.

"I don't know. Maybe sorry," she answered again not meeting his eyes.

"So you think helping Teena was a mistake," he stated.

"No! When did I say that?" she asked.

"We usually say sorry when we commit a mistake," he said again.

She did say anything and started looking for an auto.

"Do you think, you committed a mistake?" Abhi asked again.

"No," she answered after a minute.

"Then why are you frightened. If I was in your place, I would have told them that this is what I will do again if needed. Saying sorry and being guilty without any reason is not always the solution. But unfortunately, for you that is the easiest and safest way to escape a situation. Best of luck with that. See you soon, if your parents allow you to study ahead," Abhi said tucking his hands in his pockets and left.

Aaradhya just stood there watching him leaving the place. It took her a minute to absorb whatever he said. He was harsh but right. And suddenly, Aaradhya felt confident. She felt like she was ready to face her family now.