Chapter 41

It was the eighth day in a row that Abhimanyu received flowers. He faced the same problem as Aaradhya. He didn't want to throw them and his room was becoming full of them. He needs to tell her to stop sending them now.

Meanwhile, Teena has decided to shift from her flat to a less expensive room and they have found one. Her mother tried calling her several times but she did not answer and then she stopped calling. All the packing was almost done and they decided to do the shifting after the class.

As Teena opened the door of her flat with her friends, she found the person she has least expected to be there.

"Mom? Why are you here?" Teena asked. Her friends just stood behind her quietly.

"What is this Teena? Why is your stuff packed? Are you going somewhere?" her mother asked looking at the surroundings.

"That's none of your business. Leave," Teena said rudely. She is already exhausted. She doesn't need to add on her headache.

"Please, Teena. Listen to me once. I am sorry. I am sorry for everything I did," her mother said with tears falling from her eyes.

"Do you need me again for some other deal?" Teena asked.

"Don't say that. Don't say that," her mother cried.

"Then I don't get it why are you here?" Teena said without any emotion. She doesn't want to get the hope that her mother has changed and then end up getting hurt.

"I am sorry for everything Teena. I am sorry. I was so busy taking care of my husband's opinion that I forgot to consider yours. I know I have failed as a mother but give me one chance, just one please," her mother said joining her hands in front of her daughter.

"Give her one chance, Teena. She deserves it," Aaradhya said very quietly to her. She can see that Teena's mother was really sorry for everything she did.

Teena stood there just crying watching her mother. The mother she loved boundlessly. The mother who has always disappointed her. She doesn't want to melt. She doesn't want to go back to her. But for once she wants to deceive her mind. For once she wants to experience what a mother's love feels like.

She moved forward and hugged her mother tightly. No one said anything they just cried. Teena's mother knows what a horrible mother she has been. But now she wants to amend her mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance, she does too. And this time she is not gonna disappoint her daughter and herself.

Everyone settled in the living room after some time. Aaradhya and Tanu went to the kitchen to prepare some tea. Yuvraj, Anuj, Abhi and Dev followed them immediately. They felt awkward sitting there.

"What?" Tanu said looking at the boys.

"What?" they said looking at each other.

"Why are you all here in the kitchen?" she asked.

"To help you," Anuj said.

"In making tea?" Aaradhya asked.

"Yeah," Dev said.

"Go and sit there with Teena and Aunty," Tanu said.

"You don't need our help?" Abhi asked.

"We are just making tea! How are you gonna help in that?" Aaradhya asked.

"It's awkward sitting there. We don't know what to say. We'll go out with you both only," Yuvraj said finally.

Tanu and Aaradhya did not say anything after that. Moreover, the mother-daughter duo needs some privacy too.

"So? Should I tell the landlord that she is not shifting?" Yuvraj asked.

"Yes, I guess. Let's ask her first," Tanu said taking out the cups.