Chapter 62

Aditya Raghuvansh stood outside the Delhi Airport waiting for his cab. He needed to meet his daughter and talk to her.

Aaradhya was his pride. He was proud of Avni and Aarav too but Aaradhya always had a special place in his heart. Maybe because she was the first child. All his children were diamonds. But Aaradhya has always been different. She has always kept others above her. She was a selfless and pure soul.

The recent revelation has shocked him. He knows his daughter. She would never do anything stupid. If she has chosen somebody, he must be a deserving man. Aditya was ready to meet that guy until he came to know that the boy was Arvind's son. That motherfucking bastard!

He cannot let his daughter go into a family like Arvind's. He has always worked with principles. He has always taught his children the value of hard work. Arvind was just the opposite. And his son has seen him from his childhood. He must be like Arvind as well. How did Aaradhya find such a man worthy of herself?

She even answered back her Chachaji because of him.  Was this boy really that important to his daughter? She does not even want to meet any other man that is not him.

His sister did something like this years ago. Initially, he was ready to meet that man and engage his sister to him, obviously only if he found the man worthy of it. But his sister was naive. From the background check, it was clear that the man just wanted her money. The anger Aditya faced for that man for using his sister was incomparable. He destroyed him completely. That's the price you pay for messing with his loved ones.

And he will not hesitate to do what he did years ago if needed. Don't they say history repeats itself?

It took some time to accept all the things that Aaradhya had told them and then left. He is here to talk to her calmly. Some things cannot be discussed on the phone.
He came out of his thoughts as the cab stopped in front of a building. He looked around observing the place. Nothing has changed much from the last time he visited it.

He hadn't told Aaradhya he was coming to visit her. He has not told anyone he was going to visit her. It was an instant decision. He has the extra keys to the apartment in case she is not home. He dragged his trolley inside the building and stood in front of the lift.

The lift was not working. There was some repair work going on. He exhaled tiredly. He has to drag this trolley to five floors. He thought of asking the watchman to do it for him but he was busy with the workers, guiding them. So Aditya decided to do his work himself. Also, he was not that old. As he was about to step on the first stair, someone called him.

"Uncle!" the boy said.

"Yes?" he answered.

"I'll carry this for you. I am going upstairs too. Which floor?" the boy asked. He had some grocery bags in his hand.

"No, beta. Thanks but I can manage. Don't trouble yourself. I have to go to the fifth floor only," Aditya said.

"You will carry this to the fifth floor? I'll do that. Just look at your age..."

"What about my age? I am not that old," Aditya said offended.

"Your white hair says otherwise," the boy commented.

"Getting a few white hairs doesn't mean a person is old," Aditya defended. He was not old! Ok, maybe his children have reached the age of marriage but that doesn't mean he is old.

"Yeah, you are very young. Now give this to me," the boy took the trolley from his hand, gently.

"I am not young either. I am..... I am... middle-aged. Yeah, I am middle-aged," Aditya said not protesting this time and following the boy.