Chapter 17: Caring

How many times have you kept others' wishes, their health, and their well-being above yours? For some of us, the answer may be never and for some, it would be every time. The latter kind of people forget that to help others, they have to be healthy first. You should love yourself the same way you love others.

And this was the thing Aaradhya lacked. She has always been a good daughter. Maybe the best she could be. But to make others happy she always kept her happiness at last.

For the last few weeks, while she was looking after Teena she ignored her health. She had been feeling a little weak for a few days now but she thought it would go away by itself. But now whenever she got up suddenly, she felt a little dizzy each time. She also felt very inactive nowadays.

Tanu has asked her to visit a doctor but she has been declining it every time. Every time she has an excuse to divert Tanu's attention. The real reason was that Aaradhya knew that the doctor would ask for her blood sample to do some tests and she was afraid of that. She can take others' blood though, she had no problem with that. She was going to be a doctor herself but that does not mean she has to be a good patient too.

"Come! We have to go somewhere." Abhi said as he approached her immediately after the class.

"Where?" Aaradhya asked confusedly.

"You will know soon." With that, he caught her hand firmly and started moving down the stairs.

Aaradhya's eyes widened. Her heart stopped for a second. What's the big deal? He is just holding her hand, right? He is holding her hand! She did not protest. She matched his pace. Has she started to trust him that much now?

Engrossed in her thoughts, she did not notice that they had entered a doctor's cabin. When her eyes shifted from their clasped hands to her surroundings, she was standing in front of 'Doctor Naveen Pathak' as the nameplate read.

"She has been feeling a little weak for a few days. She feels dizzy whenever she gets up and she has been feeling very inactive." Abhi explained to the doctor.

Her eyes widened more. How did he know? Tanu!! She is going to kill Tanu today. And how dare he bring her here without her consent. She trusted him and what did he do? Brought her to a doctor. She was feeling like a child now. A rebel one!

"Come here." the doctor signalled her to go near him so that he could examine her.

She threw a glaring look at Abhi which he threw back with the same intensity.
But she went and sat near the doctor, he examined her and as expected he asked for her blood samples. He asked them to visit the pathology department, give the sample and come back with the reports.

They both quietly exited the room. As soon as they came out of the room, Aaradhya started moving toward the 'Exit door.'

"Where do you think you are going," Abhi asked blocking her way.

"Just get away from me, Abhi. There is no way I am going to give my blood samples. I am going back to my room." she said angrily. Abhi has never seen her angry. She has always been the calm one. Her nose was completely red as she tried to calm herself down.

"No! You are coming with me to the pathology department. Now!" he said calmly.

"You have no right to tell me what I have to do and what not. Moreover, you brought me here without even telling me we were going to visit a doctor. I felt like a child in front of him. It was so embarrassing. " she said again, her anger rising with each second.

"You felt like a child because you are one. I can't believe you are going to be a doctor. Health is our priority, Aaradhya. If you ignore yours how are you going to treat others?" he said with the same calm tone again.