Chapter 3: Hope For The Best

Varanasi, the oldest city in India, filled with different cultures is a place everyone wants to visit at least once in life.

Aaradhya always felt a connection with this city. Her mother was from Varanasi so most of Aaradhya's holidays were spent here. Her favourite maasi also lived there so it was all fun going to Kaashi, visiting several beautiful temples and enjoying the nights with cousins and family there.

But getting the college in the same city was not sounding as fun as it should have. She wanted to be a little carefree in her college life but looks like it's not gonna happen now.

She got into one of the most reputed colleges in Varanasi in the first counselling round itself and her family was relieved and happy both. Though she will live in a hostel only her maternal family will be near her. She will not have to face the problems of adjusting to an entirely new city. M.B.B.S. is a long course and she will have her relatives nearby was a relief for them.

Aaradhya was not sure whether she was happy or sad but somewhere she was relieved too. M.B.B.S. indeed was a long course, at least she can visit her nani or maasi whenever she feels homesick. She was not very close with her mami but her cousins and mamaji were very loving. So it was not that bad. Now she just has to find a good friend there and her college life would be fine.

Hopefully, it will be not so bad. At least she can hope for the best.

**********

"Like seriously man Varanasi !! "asked Pritam sitting in front of Abhi.

"Yes Varanasi it is" said Abhi uninterestingly. His new iPhone was looking much more interesting than whatever his friend was ranting about.

"Are you sure? That city is for oldies man. It only has some ghats and many temples. It will be no fun. There is no nightlife there. Think again. Why can't you go to some place like Mumbai or stay here in Delhi." Pritam asked taking away Abhi's iPhone which his father has rewarded him after his result.

"First of all, give my phone back!! And secondly, it's not in my hand to choose any college in Delhi or Mumbai as you want. I got one of the most reputed colleges in Varanasi And I am not going in any less rankings one of Delhi just because I have to celebrate my nightlife."

"Ok, dude! But it would be boring, you know. You have lived in Delhi all of your life. It would be tough to adjust there."

"Oh come on! I have lived in Kota Pritam. Nothing can be worse than that." Abhi reminded Pritam.

"Whatever you say. I just wanted you to stay here but it's ok. You have worked so hard all these years. Just come back soon. I'll have to leave now Trisha has called for the hundredth time now. Bye."
said Pritam worriedly looking at his phone and moving towards the door.

"And here is the coward of a boyfriend I was missing ".said Abhi laughingly.

Showing him his middle finger Pritam scurried out of the room leaving a laughing Abhi behind.

As Pritam left Abhi could not help but think whatever his useless friend has just said. It would be boring indeed. But he could not get into the top colleges of Delhi and the one he was getting in Varanasi was highly reputed. He cannot compromise the quality of his studies, so he will go there.

Maybe it will not be that boring. Just a right and entertaining group of friends will do. He hates to admit this but he will miss Pritam a lot. That dumb shit! why could he not take Science, clear neet and go with him? But he had to choose business.

Hopefully, it will not be so bad. At least he can hope for the best.