Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?

We all fear something or someone. No matter how brave we act, we all always have some weaknesses. But the thing which makes us all different is how we deal with them.

Aaradhya won't say she was not afraid of her senior Yuvraj. He has a reputation as a spoiled brat anyways. But she did nothing to come into his eyes. She was not able to understand why he called her here alone. First, she thought seniors had called her for her introduction. It was normal. Seniors usually did this. But she was not getting any intro-like vibes from there.

"So Miss Aaradhya Raghuvanshi, tell us something about yourself," Yuvraj asked calmly.

"As you already know my name is Aaradhya Raghuvanshi. I am from Lucknow. I like to read books and listen to music in my free time." She answered in an equally calmer voice. Even if she is a bit afraid of him she will not show him.

"See Aaradhya, I don't have any issues with you. I know you are a good friend of Abhimanyu. I just want to know what his weakness is. I can punch him easily like he did to me but that would be too predictable. I'll show him his place. Just tell me anything which can hurt him and you will not have any problems as long as you are on this campus." Yuvraj asked standing and walking in front of Aaradhya.

"I don't know anything of that sort. I cannot help you in any way. He is not a close friend of mine anyways." She answered.

"You can. You both spent hours together in the library. You must know something. I tried to ask Teena but she is so dumb. I wonder how she cleared the entrance exam." said Yuvraj making a face at Teena's name.

"I already told you sir I don't know anything. It's time for my class. May I go?" She again asked calmly. She was trying her best to not say something she would regret later.

"If you don't know then ask him. He would tell you then tell me."

"And why would I do that?" She was losing it now. Abhi punched him because he deserved it. Why would she do something like this with Abhi?

"Because I am asking you to do it. I give you my word you will not have any problem as long as you are here. You will get all the notes and everything you need but you have to tell me what he loves the most here. I'll snatch it from him."

"With all due respect sir, note down the words I am going to say now. You can do nothing to hurt him however hard you try. And you deserved that punch and a few more. And about me having any problem here don't worry I can very well take care of myself. " She answered fearlessly and calmly then without giving a glance to anyone present there she moved out of the auditorium leaving a shocked and angry Yuvraj with his friends there.

***********

It took half an hour for Aaradhya to calm herself down. She was not able to decide whether she should tell Abhi about this all or let it go. She wanted to warn Abhi about Yuvraj. What if, he did something to harm Abhi? She did not get much time to think as her classes started soon.

"Aaradhya wait!" called Abhi as she was descending the stairs. She closed her eyes. Not now! She needs to think before talking with Abhi. She doesn't want any unnecessary arguments because of her.

"Yes?" she said as he approached her.

"Tanu told me Yuvraj called you today at the auditorium. Why?" he asked directly.

"Why are you asking?" she asked instead.

"Look Aaradhya, I have no right to ask you this but as a friend, I must tell you that he is not a guy you can trust. Why did he call you all alone?"

"See whatever it was, it was not related to you. And I know what kind of guy he is Don't worry." she was frustrated now. She wants to go back to her room.

"Ok, but you can always tell me if you have any problems. Don't be scared of anything," he said sounding concerned.

It would be a total lie if Aaradhya say her heart did not miss a beat at his concern. He is so caring even when Aaradhya is not a close friend to him.

"I will. I promise." she smiled genuinely.

"Look what we have here. Miss fearless complaining to her not-so-close friend about the morning incident." said one of Yuvraj's friends who was passing down the stairs. He mocked them, laughed and went his way.

"Canteen or tea stall?" asked Abhi.

"Sorry?" Aaradhya asked bewildered.

"You want to discuss what he just said in the canteen or the tea stall," Abhi asked very calmly but Aaradhy could sense he was anything but calm.

"Look Abhimanyu, it's nothing serious. There is nothing to discuss..."

"I asked about the canteen or tea stall. Just answer that and move. I am sure you don't want to create a scene here."

"Tea stall" she answered. He was not going to be convinced that was for sure. And she will not discuss anything with him in the canteen to gain attention. Tea stall was the best option for now. And she seriously needs a cup of tea.

"Ok let's go then."

After 15 minutes they were sitting in front of the tea stall with a cup of tea. None of them spoke anything till now.

"So what was he saying? Complaint for what? And what was that not-so-close friend's thing?" Abhi asked breaking the silence.

Aaradhya took a deep breath. She has decided now. She will tell everything to him and ask him not to create any unnecessary scenes.

"Yuvraj sir called me to ask if you have any weakness or if there is anything he can use against you to take his revenge. I told him we are not close friends and I don't know anything. Thats it. "

"And if you were a good friend of mine then?" he asked looking at her.

"Then I don't know. See, I don't want to get involved in any drama. And you should be careful of him. Just don't do anything because of me. Do whatever you want if he harms you. It's none of my business then. " She said. Though she has taken his side in front of Yuvraj he doesn't need to know that.

"Oh don't worry about that. I am going to do absolutely nothing. You won't get involved I promise. Well, next time tell him that Abhi has no weaknesses." he winked.

"You promise right? You won't do anything." Aaradhya asked again. She did not believe him.

"Ya of course! I promise" said Abhi smiling widely.