Chapter 13

ABBY

"The scar is from one of those numerous amounts of times I was in the hospital. It was one of my mom's boyfriends."

Jace and I sat down on opposite lounge chairs and faced one another. "So it wasn't Dante or Vance. Was it someone else?" I nodded. "How many different boyfriends did your mom have?"

"A lot. Maybe fifteen, but I've lost track at this point. Only six of them hospitalized me. Some of her boyfriends were nice to me, but the rest were a complete nightmare." Jace reached for my hand, but I retracted mine. "Don't... I know you care for me, and we're together, but I can't do the touching thing right now." I stood up from the chair and looked out across the ocean.

"I'm sorry. I want you to know I'm here for you." Jace stood up, and I could feel his eyes on me. Chills ran across my body. It's as if his fingers traced the scar that ran from my stomach to the right of my back.

"I know you're here for me. Just sit down and let me talk about this. No more interruptions." Jace nodded and sat back down while I continued to stand. "It happened three months before I met you. My mom's boyfriend, who was part of a gang called Fang, did it. He was younger than my mom, much closer to my age. He was twenty-three, and I was twenty."

Jace's face showed anger, and I could tell he wanted to embrace me, but I couldn't let him, or I'd never get through the whole story. "Fang, or his real name Fabian, was nice to me at first. One day my mom went out to get more drugs for him because he was out and pissed off that my mom used them all." The flashbacks started to happen, so I sat down. I couldn't look at Jace.

*Several months ago*

Fabian looked at me with a smirk. "Remember what I said the other week about how badly I wanted you to be mine?"

I nodded. Fabian was gorgeous, and I'd always wondered why someone as young as him was with my mother. I didn't particularly appreciate that he did drugs, but he was friendly and cared for me. "I remember." Fabian pushed me up against the wall and began kissing my neck. No one had ever done that before. No one had treated me nicely like this. I was young and inexperienced.

"Do you like me, Abigail?" Fabian asked. I nodded, and he pressed his lips to mine. Fabian pulled down the strap of my tank top and kissed my shoulder. "Go to the bedroom."

I was taken aback when Fabian ordered me to the bedroom. I liked him but didn't want what he wanted right now. "What?" I asked.

Fabian frowned. "You heard me. Go. To. The. Bedroom. Now." As Fabian had said, I went to the bedroom and sat on the bed. He entered the room moments later with only a pair of boxers and a condom in his hand. "Take off your clothes."

"N-No, I didn't want to do this. I like you, Fabian, but this isn't how I wanted it to go." Fabian inched closer to me and pushed me down on the bed. He began kissing me all over again and pulled down my shorts. His lips touched my thighs, and I pushed him off. Fabian slapped me across the face.

"I don't take no for an answer. You said you wanted me, so I will give you what you want." Fabian ripped my shirt off. "You're so gorgeous. How could you not want me inside of you?" Fabian pulled down his boxers, and I pushed him off again.

"I said no, Fabian! I like you, but I never said I wanted you! Please stop!" Fabian slapped me again. I saw a flash of silver and a knife in his hand. "W-What are you doing?"

Fabian covered my mouth with his hand and slid the knife across my stomach, making me scream in pain. "Shut up, or I'll go do this to your sister!" I silenced my cries as much as I could. Blood stained the sheets, and Fabian's mouth traveled over my wound. "This is why they call me Fang." Fabian dug his teeth into the wound, making me scream again. Fabian slapped me, and that's when it happened.