𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟯: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝘁𝘀

As eclipse started to fall the bright orange color shined brightly through the pod, waking up Aila. She rubbed her eyes adjusting to the light coming through. She wasn't used to being awoken by bright light.

The light then hit Lo'ak and woke him up along with Aila moving around. He copied her movements trying to get his eyes to adjust to the bright light. He raised his head off of Aila's shoulder and leaned against his own.

Aila couldn't help but look into his eyes as the orange light perfectly reflected off of his golden yellow eyes.

Lo'ak noticed that she was staring and smiled. Aila blushed lowering his gaze and smiled back at him. "Did you sleep ok?" Aila asked. "Yes, amazingly actually." He said smiling.

Aila blushed even more at his comment. "How about you, did you sleep ok?" Lo'ak responded. Aila shook her head with a smile and was met with the same smile on Lo'ak's face as he cupped her cheek and pecked her on the lips.

Aila looked down as she smiled at Lo'ak. She cleared her throat and asked if he wanted to go do something with her. Lo'ak nodded as he got up, reaching his hand out for Aila's as he did.

She grabbed it and led Lo'ak to an open spot along the shore. "I know you miss you home, but I know a place where you might not miss it as much." Aila stopped to turn to Lo'ak. He just looked at her with a confused expression.

"We call it the roots. There's trees and the ocean goes underneath the roots." Aila smiled. Lo'ak looked at Aila with a smile and let her lead her wherever she was going.

As they were going to the roots Lo'ak suddenly stopped, "Aila." She turned around and hummed. "you're for sure we won't get in trouble right, I'm already in enough trouble." Lo'ak said grasping her forearm.

"Lo'ak, why would I take you somewhere that I know you would get in trouble for going to?" Aila questioned. Lo'ak's shoulders slumped, and he started to get red.

Why would he even question her about that. He knew she would never intentionally get him in trouble. He questioned himself.

Aila gripped Lo'ak's wrist once again and started to lead him again.

As they were getting close Lo'ak could see the tall trees in the distance and hear the running water beneath them.

The view was breathtaking for Lo'ak, he was so used to seeing the ocean all around him for months and now he got a little taste of home.

"We are here!" Aila said slightly jumping. Lo'ak had no words. He was just taking in his surroundings and the beauty of the roots. "Do you want to go in further?" Aila said taking him out of his trance. Lo'ak nodded as Aila intertwined her fingers with Lo'ak's.

They started stepping over the roots and trying not to fall through them and into the water. "Aila, stop." Lo'ak said suddenly. Aila turned around and gazed into his eyes. "Thank you." Lo'ak said inking his gaze in hers.

"Lo'ak you are welcome, but is that all you stopped me for?" Aila said slightly giggling. Lo'ak shook his head, "No, like actually thank you. You don't know how much this means to me, how much you mean to me....for doing this." Lo'ak said as he averted his gaze down.

Aila cupped Lo'ak's cheek, " Lo'ak, you been through so much in the past few months and days so this is the least I could do for you." She paused before speaking again, "and you mean a lot to me too, for what it's worth."

Lo'ak inked his gaze into Aila's and smiled as he put his hands on her waist. Aila looked up at him giving him doe eyes. He pulled her closer to him and put his hand on her chin as he lifted her head up.

Aila put her arm up and around Lo'ak's neck, "Lo'ak what are you doing?" Aila mumbled. Lo'ak shrugged as he pulled her even closer to where their bodies were touching.

Aila's heart was starting to pound hard to where Lo'ak could feel it against him. She kept looking up at him as her breathing began to quicken. Lo'ak looked down at her and licked his bottom lip as he smirked.

Lo'ak moved his hand towards her cheek but was stopped when Aila started talking, "Lo'ak you do know that us being together is forbidden." He looked away from her gaze and nodded. "So we can't be together you realize." Aila said bringing his attention back to her.

Lo'ak turned his head back to her and cupped her cheek, "But what do you want?" he said inking his gaze in hers. "I don't know." She sighed as she backed away from his grasp. Lo'ak didn't know what to say everything had been going so well up until this moment.

"I see, I guess I'll just leave you alone then." Lo'ak said as he backed further away from Aila. She shook her head negatively as Lo'ak started to walk away from her, "Lo'ak" She said as she reached her hand out.

"No, I understand." Lo'ak said raising his hands in defense. "No, Lo'ak, don't leave." Aila screamed with blurry vision as he got further and further away.

Lo'ak shook his head negatively as he wiped his cheek as he walked away towards his hut. As for Aila all she could do was collapse down on a tree, "I was just scared." She whispered to herself.

They both went their separate ways, both heartbroken at losing the person that made them feel seen.

972 ωσяԃѕ

αυтнσяѕ ησтє-

What will this bring for their relationship??

Comment and votes are appreciated is you liked this chapter!<3