𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒: 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬

Aila ran into her hut and was meet with the eyes of her mother and father.

"What did you need me for?" Aila asked.

"Sit down." Tonowari said in a calm voice. "Me and your mother need to know something." He stated.

"Well, what is it?"

"It has been almost a week since our last talk, we need to know your decision." Tonowari stated.

Aila was stunned she could hardly form words. She hadn't even thought about it, she didn't want any of the "potential mates" that her father had mentioned.

"But father I haven't made up my mind."

"What, we asked you to think about it, and quickly."

"But I-" Aila was cut off by her fathers voice beginning to raise.

"Didn't we?!"

"Yes, but I haven't thought about it."

"Aila I don't know what you think quickly is but it shouldn't take you longer than a week." Tonowani said as he rubbed his temples.

"I JUST HAVEN'T...thought about it." Aila said trying to calm herself.

"YOU DO NOT RAISE YOU VOICE AT ME!" Tonowani said standing up and pointing towards the ground.

"YOU SHOULDVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS!"

"WELL WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, I WAS UNCONSCIOUS FOR THREE DAYS!" Aila said standing up and gazing into her fathers eyes.

Tonowari didn't reply and just stood there, unphased by his daughters words.

"AND YOU DIDNT EVEN CARE TO COME CHECK ON ME!" Aila said as a lump began to form in her throat.

"Well since you haven't decided, I guess we will just decide for you." Tonowani said as his voice was calmed down but still held anger.

"You can't do that, it's my life!" Aila said lowering her voice.

"Yes we can, if this were Aonung he would've decided already. You disappoint me daughter." Tonowani said turning his back to Aila. "I wish Aonung was first born." Tonowari whispered to himself but Aila still heard it and he didn't even realize it.

Aila's eyes started to swell with tears, even her mother didn't notice. Aila couldn't help the tears falling down her face.

Tonowari and Ronal were talking by themselves, low enough to where Aila couldn't hear.

"How can they just decide for me, it's my life. If it were Aonung they would let him choose. I know that my father has always favorited Aonung but I always just thought it was because he was his only son not because I'm a disappointment to him." Aila thought to herself while gazing at the floor.

"Aila, it has been decided." Tonowari's voice cut Aila's train of thought.

"Me and your mother have decided that you are to mate with, Niri'te" Tonowari simply stated.

Aila kept her gaze on the floor. She didn't shake her head or anything, tears just kept flowing down, faster than before.

"Aila, do you hear me?" Tonowari questioned.

Aila looked up at him with sadness in her eyes. She couldn't shake her head because she wanted to unhear it but she couldn't. All she could do was gaze into her fathers eyes, hoping to see remorse, but she didn't.

"Did you?" He questioned again.

"Yes." Aila simply stated diverting her gaze from her father to her mother.