𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

Somehow Aila was back in her family's hut. It was burning once again. Why was she back here? She thought she had gotten out. Maybe Lo'ak didn't save her. Maybe she was destined to die here, laying under this piece of wood.

"HELP!!" Aila screamed but there was no one there. Nobody in sight.

The smoke started to surround her once again and she felt like she wouldn't make it out.

"HELP PLEASE. I don't want to die!" Aila screamed but again nobody was there to help her.

She felt hopeless.

As smoke filled her lungs she felt like she could only get one more sentence out before she ultimately blacked out.

"Lo'ak please help me. Save me!" Aila managed to cough out.

She was full of fear, the last ounce of hope got pushed out by that said fear.

"Why am I back here, I'm so scared. I just want to get out!" Aila thought to herself.

With the last little bit of strength she had she felt it was no use to call for help so she started trying to push the wood off of her now swollen leg.

She groaned in pain but it was no use. There was no way she would be able to push it off of her, she didn't have the strength.

All she could do was pray that Lo'ak would save her or anybody for that matter.

She laid down on her back, no ounce of strength left in her body. She saw the smoke closing in around her as her eyes began to feel heavy.

Why couldn't someone just come and save her. This was a nightmare.

She felt her eyes beginning to close as she conjured up one last sentence, "Lo'ak please!" She mumbled as darkness came over her.

'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

"AILA! WAKE UP!" Aila heard a mumbled voice scream.

Once she realized she was out, she shot up and started to hyperventilate. Barely being able to breath and her vision being blurred from tears, she started to frantically look around.

She felt warm, comforting hands grab her face.

"Aila, look at me!" The inaudible voice said.

Aila was still trying to frantically catch her breath as her eyes began to focus on the person in front of her.

"Calm down, it's okay." The voice said, his voice being barely recognizable.

Aila's vision came back into full focus even though tears still streamed down her face uncontrollably.

"Lo'ak?" Aila muttered out.

"Yes, yes. Calm down. Your okay now. It was just a nightmare!" Lo'ak said rubbing his thumbs on Aila's cheeks.

""I was so scared. I-I-I" Aila swallowed hard as a lump started to form in her throat, trying to form a sentence, breathing heavily. "I-I was in my hut a-and it the, the s-smoke was b-back. The wood w-was back on my l-leg and I couldn't g-get it off. And y-you weren't t-there." Aila couldn't talk anymore, the lump in her throat growing bigger.

"Shhh, it's ok now. Your ok now." Lo'ak said as he pulled Aila's head onto his chest, rubbing his hand up and and down her back and running his other hand through her hair.