𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞

Aila had gotten back to her hut and was roasting the bird she had killed for breakfast, waiting for her family to wake up. She couldn't help but think of the guy she had met in the forest today, he was so intriguing. But she didn't know why. She just wanted to know who he was.

"Hey, Aila what's for breakfast?"

Tsireya's voice woke her out of her trance.

"The bird I killed this morning." Aila replied.

"You? You actually killed something?" Tsireya mocked Aila.

"Ha ha funny. Yes I did." Aila said with an eye roll.

Tsireya went back to her room to get ready and Aila was meet with her brothers gaze on her.

"Aonung what is it?" Aila questioned.

"Just making sure everything's going ok and that you don't burn out home down." Aonung chuckled to himself.

"Like I would do that." Aila retorted.

She was getting real tired of her siblings already this morning mocking her. She just wanted to go but she was didn't have anything better to do.

"Aila," she heard her fathers voice book through the hut.

"Yes?" Aila replied.

"Me and your mother need to speak to you."

Those words were never good to hear. Aila was nervous but she got up and asked Aonung to watch over the bird that was still roasting.

She walked outside to see her parents standing side by side with there arms crossed. It was intimidating to Aila. This talk couldn't be good for her.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" Aila questioned.

"You are getting older now and we think it's time that you start looking for a mate." Her father replied.

Aila was shocked by the sentence that left her fathers mouth. She just turned 17, she knew it would be soon but not this soon.

"Uhm this soon?" Aila muttered.

"Yes. We have some good matches for you." Her mother said.

"I see and who might they be?" Aila questioned.

"Rotxo, he is a good friend of yours and he has good hunting skills. Ayn'at, he is a very respected person here and everybody thinks he would be a good match for you." There was a pause, like her mother was hesitant about saying this next persons name.

"We don't know if you have met him but his name is Niri'te, he is the best hunter in our clan and he is very talented in various other areas."

As these words left her mothers mouth her heart dropped. "Maybe Niri'te wouldn't be that bad. I mean he did help me hit the bird this morning and he was very attractive." Aila thought.

"I will think over it. Is that all you needed me for?" Aila questioned.

"Yes but please choose quickly, daughter." Her father replied.

Aila shook her head and walked off, back into their hut. As she got in she felt her throat close up. She gazed up and saw the hut engulfed in flames. She knew what it was from, the roast. Aonung had not kept watch.

"AONUNG!" Aila screamed through the hut.

"Aila, what is-" Aila heard Tsireya's voice get cut out by the sound of coughing.

"Reya, where are you? I can't see you." Aila yelled through the hut.

Aila couldn't see a thing, everything was surrounded by smoke. Where were her parents? She needed them right now.

Aila started to run around trying to find her sister. She was screaming her name. She felt like she was running in circles.

"REYA!" Aila screamed with her vision getting blurry.

"Aila! I'm right here." Tsireya screamed back.

Aila saw a faint figure standing in a doorway. She ran towards it, hoping it was her sister.

She got to the figure and grasped their shoulders, "Reya?" Aila questioned.

"Aila, it's me!" Tsireya replied.

Aila has found her sister, she was so relieved. Aila wrapped her arms around Tsireya, with her hand on her sisters head.

"Have you see Aonung?" Aila questioned.

"No, I don't know where he is." Tsireya said as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Ok, I'll find him after I get you out. Take my hand and cover your mouth." Aila stated.

Tsireya grabbed Aila's hand as they started running, trying to find the exit. They did know where it was and they didn't know where exactly they were going. They were just hoping that they would eventually find it.

"I see light!" Aila screamed.

They ran towards it and jumped out of the smoke, landing on the sand.

Aila stood up, pulling tsireya up with her. She pulled her sister into her embrace, tightly holding her.

"Are you ok?" Aila questioned rubbing tsireyas head.

"Yeah, You?" Tsireya retorted.

"Yeah." Aila replied pulling away, "Go find mom and dad, I'm going back in to see if I can find Aonung." Aila stated.

"Ok but Aila please be careful." Tsireya pleaded.

Aila simply shook her head as they parted ways, Tsireya running to go find their parents and Aila running back into the smoke.

"AONUNG, where the heck are you?" Aila screamed as more smoke filled her lungs causing her to cough uncontrollably.

Her eyes started to burn and get more and more blurry by the second. She was just hoping to find her brother.

"How could i let him look after the roast? I knew he wouldn't do it. He never can! Where is that Skxawng!" Aila thought.

Aila had slowed down, now barely being able to see through the ever growing smoke. She couldn't find Aonung and was now being choked out by the smoke.

She suddenly felt something heavy land on her leg that caused her to collapse on the ground. She groaned from the sudden shock the ran up her leg.

She was starting to hyperventilate from the smoke and couldn't see a thing. She didn't know where she was and she couldn't get up. She knew she wasn't going to get out but she hoped that her brother wasn't in the hut because if he was. There was no telling if he would be able to make it out.

She was hyperventilating and her eyes were beginning to shut. Her body was starting to get weak and she felt like she couldn't get any air into her lungs. She could see the smoke engulfing her while she laid on the floor, now all she could do was hope that Tsireya was bringing her parents to save her. This was her last thought as her eyes fully closed and Aila passed out from the ever growing smoke surrounding her.

1147 words

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞-
I didn't know how to end this so this is what y'all get. Sorry for the choppy upload schedule I just don't have that many ideas but also so many. Idek.

If you liked this chapter please leave a vote and a comment. They are always appreciated!<33