𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟴: 𝗡𝗶𝗿𝗶'𝘁𝗲

The sun beamed down into Aila's corner of the hut, she had been meaning to fix the crack that was in the wall where the sun has been coming through, waking her up everyday. She adjusted her eyes the bright light and decided it would be best to get up and just get an early start to the day.

So, she got up and put on a beautiful shell necklace that was quite new, she had just gotten it when she went out to the reef the other day. She walked out of the hut and did a little stretching before grabbing her bow and going down to the shore. She had decided to take a morning walk just taking in the beauty of the village in the morning, she doesn't get to this that often where she has a lot of duties with her being the next Tshasik on top of teaching the Sully children.

As she got to the entrance of the roots she decided to go in and hunt some birds for her family to eat for breakfast.

She was walking through and found the perfect bird sitting on a branch near her. So, she started to aim and she was a little shaky since she hadn't done this in a while. She tried to stabilize her hands but couldn't. She was starting to calm down when someone came from behind her and started whispering something.

"Can I help?" A raspy voice whispered in Aila's ear.

She didn't quite recognize the voice but she decided to let him anyway since she probably couldn't have got it herself. So, she nodded slightly and let him guide her with her bow. He placed one hand on the bow and one hand on Aila's forearm.

"Like this, and release." the voice said.

It hit the bird right in the head and it fell straight to the ground. Aila wanted to know who this voice was so before she went and got the bird she turned around and was met with dark blue eyes gazing into her. She was sort of hoping it to be Lo'ak but it wasn't it was someone that she didn't quite recognize.

"Sorry, do I know you?" Aila questioned.

"I don't think so, i'm Niri'te," he said.

He placed his hand out for Aila to shake. He was quite muscular and had long braids. He must do a lot for the village, he has quite a lot of tatoos. He is a lot taller than Aila, almost towering over her.

"I don't think I've seen you around before," Aila stated.

"Yeah I mostly keep to myself," Niri'te laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well thanks for helping me!" Aila said.

"Yeah, anytime." Niri'te replied.

It was getting quite awkward between them and Aila wanted to strike up a conversation but couldn't think of anything.

"Sooo, why are you here. Well, in the roots." Aila questioned.

"Oh uhm I just like to walk around here occasionally," Niri'te replied.

"Oh ok. Well, sorry but I have to go back. My family is probably waiting for me." Aila said with an awkward laugh.

"Oh yeah. Well uh bye." Niri'te said as he waved to Aila.

Aila started walking but she heard his voice once more, stopping her.

"Wait, will u be able to see you again?" He questioned.

"Yeah probably." Aila said with a smile.

Niri'te smiled back as he watched her fade into the distance.

580 ωσяԃѕ

𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲-
Sorry for the short chapter I'm just running out of ideas kinda but also not really tbh idek. I think it's more like I don't have that much motivation. So sorry if my update schedule is kinda splotchy and I don't update as much as I usually do.
Thank y'all for 2.22k reads!!

If you liked this chapter please leave a vote and comment your favorite part!<3

xo