𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐬

"AILA AILA" the muffled voices Aila was hearing when she began to gain a little bit of consciousness. Her eyes had began to open slightly, but still completely blurred. She couldn't see anything, just a slight silhouette of someone above her.

"Aila, come on. Wake up!" She heard the frantic cries as the silhouette began to shake her violently.

Aila had began to regain her vision as she saw that there was no longer smoke engulfing her. But she didn't know exactly where she was. She didn't quite recognize it.

Aila grumbled as the silhouette above her began to come into focus, "Reya?" Aila mumbled.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so glad your awake." Tsireya said, sounding relieved.

Aila didn't even have time to get a full breath in before she was took into her sisters embrace.

"I was so worried about you. After you didn't come back out I didn't know if you made." Tsireya mumbled into Aila's shoulder.

"Where's Aonung?!" Aila practically yelled as she was frantically looking around the unfamiliar place she was in. Hoping to find Aonung there.

"Don't worry, he's safe. He wasn't in the hut when it was on fire." Tsireya replied.

Aila felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders as she let out a loud sigh.

"Thank Eywa. But I'm going to kill the Skxawng!" Aila retorted.

Aila looked around, getting a better look at where she was.

"Where am I?" Aila questioned, still looking around.

"The Sully's hut." Tsireya replied.

"Why am I here?" Aila questioned once again.

"All we know is it had something to do with Lo'ak. He just came up to us and said that you were here." Tsireya shrugged.

Aila hummed and started to stand up but was stopped by a shooting pain traveling up her leg. She immediately collapse as Tsireya caught her.

"I can't hold you, I'm sorry your to heavy." Tsireya grunted.

Tsireya didn't want to let Aila down because she couldn't let her down easily and Aila would just be in more pain if Tsireya let her down on the ground.

Thankfully for Tsireya, she saw Loak in the doorway just as she was about to drop Aila.

"Come on, help me!" Tsireya shouted.

Aila didn't know who she was shouting at but she didn't care she was more focused on the pain pulsing through her leg. She looked down at her leg to see the damage but she noticed that it had already been bandaged up.

Just as Tsireya let go, Aila felt large hands on her waist, comforting hands.

"I got you." Aila heard a raspy voice from behind her.

It had felt like forever since she heard that voice, Lo'ak's voice.

Aila leaned into the arms that were around her and let out a loud sigh.

"Thank you!" Aila stated.

"Of course, anything for you." Lo'ak replied.

"Do you need anything, Aila? I'm going out" tsireya questioned.

"Some food would be nice, particularly fruit?" Aila stated.

"Sure, Lo'ak?" Tsireya said as she gazed at him.

"Uhm I'm good." Loak said as he sent a soft smile towards Tsireya.

And with that Tsireya walked out of the hut.

"So do you want me to sit you down now?" Lo'ak questioned.

"That would be nice," Aila giggled.

Lo'ak moved one of his hands to under Aila's legs and scooped her up into his arms. Aila gasped but was ok with it, she didn't mind. In fact it was quite comforting to her.

Lo'ak bent down onto his knees and sat her down slowly. Aila groaned out of the pain but she figured this was better than Tsireya letting her slam onto the ground.

Lo'ak finished setting her down on the ground making sure she was comfortable.

"Is that ok?" Loak questioned.

"Yes, thank you!" Aila smiled.

Loak just sat there gazing at Aila, taking in her beauty. He eventually tore he gaze away and looked down to her leg. He had seen it before it was bandaged and it was bad.

"I was worried about you." Lo'ak stated bringing his gaze back into her eyes.

"You were, hmm?" Aila said with a smirk.

"Maybeee" Lo'ak replied with a hint of red appearing on his face.

"How about a straight answer?" Aila asked.

"Fine, I was really worried about. You don't know how much." Lo'ak said as he inched closer to Aila.

Aila's heart rate was spiking as he got closer and closer. "What is he doing? Why is he getting so close?" Aila thought.

Lo'ak placed his hand on Aila's cheek and brought her head closer to him as he laid a kiss on her forehead.

As Lo'ak pulled away, Aila sent him a shy smile and let out a sigh.

Lo'ak turned his body and moved to lay beside Aila.

"Come closer." Lo'ak stated.

"What." Aila said taken aback.

"You heard me. Come closer." Loak repeated.

Aila was hesitant but did it anyway, laying her head on Lo'ak's chest. With her hand on his stomach.

Lo'ak wrapped his arm around Aila, squeezing her tightly. Like it was the last time he was going to get to do this. He rubbed Aila's arm lightly as he brought his other arm up and placed his hand on Aila's hand.

"Can I ask you something?" Aila questioned.

"Yes, anything."

"Why were you the one to tell my parents that I was in your hut?"

Lo'ak sighed, taking in a deep breath.

"Because I was the one that brought you here." Lo'ak replied.

"What, how. You found me?"

"Yes."

"Tell me how. I want to know." Aila mumbled into Lo'ak's chest.

"Ok, so I was just taking a walk behind the Mauri pods and i noticed a lot of smoke coming from one of them. So, I ran towards it to see which one it was. I noticed it was yours and I heard someone scream. But no one was around so I ran in and found you stuck, passed out under a pole that had fallen. I got the piece of wood off you and picked you up in my arms. I didn't know where else to take you so I brought you here."

"Thank you, Lo'ak!" Aila said removing her head from his chest.

She leaned in and left a kiss on Lo'ak's cheek.

Aila placed her head back onto Lo'ak's chest as she took in his scent.

"How long have I been asleep?" Aila questioned.

"Three days."

"What! I thought it would only be a few hours."

"Yeah I changed your bandages twice."

"Thank you. How is my hut?"

"It's fine, just a little burned in some places."

Aila hummed as she moved closer to Lo'ak, feeling his comfort.

1120 words

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞-
Hope y'all liked this chapter. Just saying Aila might have some trauma from this incident...

Just saying the next chapter is going to be INTENSE

Votes and comments are always appreciated!<33

xo