Part 4

A week later

Don is taking me out to eat today. The past week, has been good I guess. He hasn't hit me and he buys me gifts, my favorite is when he gets me flowers. :) it makes me feel special.
We are going to Benihana, I don't REALLY like it but it's good sometimes. We're going because this place is something that I settled on, other than the other places. I guess you can call today a date night. He's being a gentleman, opening the door, pulling out my chair, holding my hand, and he said he loved me five times today. This, this is the Don that I fell for and that I remember. Sweet, handsome, romantic. As we were eating our food I decided to make small talk, I tell him what I like to do when he leaves the house and how much I miss him when he does. To think about it, he never actually told me what he does for work. He just says business or run errands. I decided to ask him. As long as I gotchu and you straight you ain't gotta worry about allet shorty, Don says. I just nod and continue to eat my food, the rest of dinner he makes jokes, and tells me story's about funny things that happened to him. I had a great time :)

Later that day

We were driving home, I fell asleep. Somehow I was woken up to him on the phone trying not to be loud but, I still heard him. He says "Yo wattup? Wyo tonight.......Aw fr, can I slide through?......Ight bet yk what I like right? (with a slight smirk) cool cool see you soon" I think to myself how weird that was. He wouldn't talk to his homeboys like that, he would keep it short and simple. What really throwed me off was his flirty tone. I faked sleep for the rest of the ride with a million thoughts running through my head. As we pull into the driveway he says "Nyla we at the crib, wake up" I open my eyes he gets out the car, I waited expecting him to open my door, like he's been doing all night, when he headed to the front door instead.

As we got in the house he tried to play it off by asking me if I needed something cs he gotta Go handle some business. I chuckle, as I knew what was going on because he's really in my face trying to play me like a dummy. Who were you otp with in the car, says Nyla. What you mean?, says Don. I look at him like he had pure shit on his face. Don't start tripping, you probably was dreaming shorty chill aht, says Don. Ok cool, since you wanna sit here and act like you wasn't on the phone telling SOME BITCH saying that you was finna pull up TONIGHT, I'm gone. Fuck you, says Nyla. Man what, you ain't going no where. Go sit yo crazy ass down, says Don. I ignore him going up to the room and straight into the closet, closing and locking the door, Don comes in the bedroom banging. *bang* *bang* *bang* open the door what the fuck you on?, says Don. I give him no answer as I start packing my things. Silence falls when he stopped banging on the door, as im almost done packing my suit case, Don pick locked the door just to get in. He freaks out saying "BRUH CHILL WHT THE FUCK YOU DOING" I say calmly, "what does it look like." While looking up at him. He snatches the suit case and starts dumping all the clothes out on the ground. I sit there, looking up at him yelling, telling me how im never leaving him and how im being delusional and crazy. I stand up. As tears fill my eyes from anger, I ask "so who was you on the phone with" as he starts to talk I cut him off saying "please don't lie to me, if you want to go around and cheat cool, but the fact that I caught you and you're trying to tell me another thing is crazy." I ask one more time "Were you... on the phone with a bitch telling ha you finna come over and fuck ha." Yes, says Don. I look up at him in disgust and disbelief. I would never do this to you, Nyla says as she whimpers. He just stares at me with not one care in the world. Filled with anger and rage I push him as hard as I can, he hardly moves because I'm so light. Chill out, Don says. I start to push him over and over, hitting him in his chest and screaming and crying "I HATE YOU I WOULD'VE NEVER DONE THIS TO YOU" he pulls my arms down to my side and yells at me "ARE YOU DONE"...with you?, yes, says Nyla. Don says once again I'm not going anywhere and he says "I was asking if you were done hitting me, not if you're over me." Please let go of me, says Nyla all teared up. LET ME GOOO, Nyla says once again. Don started hugging her, saying "okay okay calm down...I'm sorry." She cries hopelessly in his arms.