Part 18

As I turned around I seen Marquis body drop to the ground and the gun that he held in his hand slid across the ground. At that moment I could finally breathe, all the weight that was on my shoulders had been lifted. Nothing in the world can explain the feeling of happiness I'm feeling right now.

I then looked up to Don and seen that he stood there, in front of his car staring at me. I ran to him and gave him the biggest hug, but he wasn't hugging me back. I slowly looked up at him and gave him a confused expression. "I want you to be free" he said calmly. "You can leave and go where ever, explore the world have fun with no one telling you what to do. No consequences." He added. I didn't know what to say...I honestly didn't really understand what he was saying, me? Free?.... "you're lying" I said.

"I have to let you go in order to break the cycle. I want you to find someone new and start something great." He replied. He handed me some car keys that belonged to an Audi. "Take it and go, be free" Don said. I started to cry. "What about you?" I asked. "I'll be straight, don't worry about me...your car is down there" he pointed in another direction. I looked over to see an all black tinted Audi in the distance. It was nice really but, I feel like it's a trick. When I turned back around Don was getting into his car. Before he got in he told me he loves me and maybe we'll meet again in the future. He said that this is the only way an apology will ever be acceptable for the things that he put me through.

As he drove off I stood there for a minute. Tears of happiness began to pour. I sighed and thank god for this opportunity that he's giving me right now. When I got the car, on the passenger there were two duffel bags filled with cash and another bag with some clothes and a passport. I started the car and drove off, I drove around all the way until the sun came up because at the moment I didn't know where to go. As I was driving I was deep into my thoughts. I asked myself over and over where I should go? Until it clicked. I wanted to say goodbye to someone very special and dear to me. Someone who held me and cried with me through the pain and reassured me that everything will be alright. And that in the end I would get what I wanted. Seven...she was that person. I'd do anything in the world for her.

I looked at my GPS on the car and seen that I was drove by Marquis to Saint Louis. Chicago isn't that far, I wanted to drive back to visit her grave before I went off into the world. It wasn't a long drive it was only 4 hours away. I arrived at around 12 in the afternoon, and it was pretty warm out. Walking up to her grave I read her headstone. It reads "loving daughter, friend, and person—Seven Harmony Moore—01/23/99 to 01/24/23."  Looking at the the headstone I cried silent tears because I still couldn't grasp the fact that she was gone. I stayed there sitting in-front of her headstone for about 2 hours doing nothing but thinking about the memories we had. The bad and the good ones. No matter how much we prepare ourselves to handle the death of someone close, we're never really gonna be ready.

There are 5 stages of grief, and im still on the first one. Denial. "I'll always love and I'll forever miss you." I said before getting into my car. Arizona sounds nice don't you think? Palm trees, pretty skies, red dirt and cactuses. While I'm living there I'll probably take trips around the world. Korea, Alaska, Jamaica...you name it. I have so much freedom right now that I don't even know what to do with it.

Nyla drove off into the sunset, later going to explore the world. She never got into any relationships for the next few years because that wasn't something she didn't want to do anytime soon. But soon enough she found her perfect match. A caring, gentle and handsome gentleman. They later married and had two children together. Living in a house off the cost of Costa Rica where the fun never stops. She never saw Don again, and Don never saw her again. Don went back to his life of living in his mansion in Chicago.

He didn't marry because he was never the type. Marrying one of the girls in Chicago just gave them a opportunity to steal what ever he had..what he built. Don had a few girlfriends every now and then. But he still never settled down with either of them. He made his money by doing what he was taught, he never ran into any problems and he still kept up with his friends Mono, Quan, and Tyree. Every now and then Don thinks about Nyla and the fact that he misses her but he also knows it's for the best. He never put his hands on any of the females he dated, he changed his ways and started to do better for himself because he was sick of living the same life. He also didn't stay in Chicago for the rest of his life...that would he miserable. He bought a couple homes around the U.S and some out of the country and would take his family on trips, mostly in the summer. He was straight as long as his mom was.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

And that's a wrap for chapter 18 and the story of Nyla Hopkins and her messed up love life. I'll be writing other books soon. I wanna thank you guys for the amount of love I received on this book, it's my first. Thanks for letting me write out my thoughts let me know what you guys thought about this story. Thanks for reading🫵🏾❤️