Part 6

I'm still in the basement, I lost count of the days. Don is crazy. No matter how many time I ask, no matter what I promise, he still will never let me live upstairs. I'm sick of this, I've had enough.

*Door opens*

I want to come upstairs so I can shower, says Nyla

As Don was unchaining me, I waited for the right time to make a run for it. I made sure he was in front of me, I also slipped on my house shoes. We went up the basement stairs and on the main floor. I noticed his group Mono, and Quan, we're sitting on the couch talking about business.

Don: hurry up
Nyla: ok I will

As soon as he turned around I made a run for the front door, quickly as possible I opened the door, when I opened it, I was met with another one of his friends Tyree.

Don: the fuck you think you going?
Nyla: uh, I- I was-

Before I could even finish my sentence I was knocked out cold. When I woke up I was on the ground, bleeding and chained up, in the basement. I try to stand up but I couldn't. My legs wouldn't work. I look up and see Don sitting in a chair directly in front of me. He was staring at with with cold dark eyes.

Nyla: I can explain, I wasn't trying to run away I was trying to see if t-

(Don cuts me off)

Don: girl you sound dumb as hell. I ain't even said you was trying to run away, but you just gave up self up. And if you really wasn't trying to run away then why tf did you run to the door?

Nyla: ....

Don: So what was your plan? We live in the middle of nowhere, you didn't have your car keys, and you didn't have on shoes, you had on flip flops. I promise you wouldn't have got far.

As Don is saying this he got up and walked toward me.

Nyla: w- wait let me explain, I'm sorry, please.

He snatches me up by my shirt and onto my feet.

Don: you will never leave me. I will always find you, no matter where you go yo lil ass can't escape me. Do you understand?

Nyla: yes, yes I do, I understand

As I'm breathing heavy in fear Don says "you think this shit a game? You think I'm playing with you?" I say no in a low submissive tone, trying my best not to anger him.

Nyla: I'm sorry, I won't try it again.

Don: I know you won't, ill make sure of that.

He starts beating on me senseless, punching me in my face, stomping me down, choking me out. I try to guard myself as much as possible put it's really no help, I spent the next few minutes pleading and begging for him to stop.

Nyla: OK OK OK!
Nyla: please I'm sorry! I'm sorry promise I wo-

He slaps me on my mouth and vigorously grabs me by the neck. Crying in silence, I didn't say a word. As he was chocking me, I was pinned against the wall off my feet and at eye level with him. He stared at me with no emotion, just cold dark eyes breathing heavy. I've never been in so much fear in my life. He finally throws me on the ground, I didn't dare move a muscle.

Don: you will learn to respect and obey me. Do you understand?

Nyla: yes I understand (in a low submissive tone)

He walked up the steps and onto the main floor. I just sat there crying. Not knowing what to do.

A month later