Part 17

Marquis pov

I watched Nyla as she slept. To ensure no one sneaks in at night and to also ensure she doesn't try anything. Seeing her sleep made me look at her in a way I never thought of. Her body language is something totally different from anyone else I had seen, I never got bored of watching. I wasn't tired one bit.

Even though I punished her last night, I'm not done with her yet. She will be begging for mercy the next time it comes.

I watched her until about 7:45am. Until I had to go because I had some business to handle. I drove to the office where my men were waiting for me. At this point the word has spread about Don coming here to finish business, but in my eyes the business we had was already finished. "So this time are we gone kill the nigga?" One of my men said. "That's depends if he actually comes. I'm not finna just go off of some he say she say shit and follow some sht blindly. So if he comes let me handle that nigga. Y'all ain't gotta worry about him." I replied. After that me n my men stayed a little while and chopped it up, then they left to go make money and shit.  During the time we chopped it up we realized we ain't kick it in a while so we decided to hit the club I owned to t up tonight. I haven't been there inna min either, gotta see how business is going yk?

I left the office around 10am. I wanted to go home to see what Nyla was up to. As I came in the house the maids told me she never came down to eat. Which means she was probably still sleeping. "She finna come down inna min hold on" I told them. I went upstairs and as predicted she was still in the bed but she wasn't sleep. "Why you not up yet?" I asked. "My body hurts. It's hard to move" she replied. "Stop acting like you can't walk. Get up and walk in circles, you have the maids waiting for you downstairs." I said. "But it hurts I-I can't" she replied. "If you don't get up now ima fuck you up again." I said. She got up quickly and limped passed me to the elevator and went downstairs.

Nyla POV

At the table I sat quietly eating my food. I had a lot on my mind and I was very emotional, I honestly don't know what to do. Even though I don't like Marquis he is just like Don. Even if I pick either or my fate will still be the same...I wished I could've believed Marquis when he said he wasn't here to hurt me but I just don't have anything in me to trust or believe another person again. "Why are you mean to me now...is it because I lied to you" I lowly asked  Marquis. "I warned you and I gave you a chance to tell the truth to me. You will no longer get the nice me anytime soon, you will have to earn that back" he replied. I just said ok and continued to try to eat. It was very hard swallowing, because when you want to cry it feels like you have a lump in your throat. Marquis waited for me to finish and when I did he said that he said wasn't going to be home tonight because he has something to do. "Where are you going?" I asked. "To check on one of my clubs" he replied. "Oh" I said. "You're not going, don't even ask. I can't even trust you right now" he replied. "I wasn't, I just was wondering" I said lowly.

Everytime I'm around Marquis now the tone of my voice changes and I keep my head slightly down. I don't like to look up at him because it makes me think about what he did to me. Gives me really bad flashbacks. I also do this to prevent him from getting a getting a temper just in case I look at him wrong or do anything wrong. "Can I go upst-" I tried to say until he interrupted me. "Don't speak over me when I'm talking. I'm not done talking to you that's rude" he said. I wasn't talking over him he wasn't saying anything... "sorry I thought you were done talking." I replied. "I'll be back early tmr around 5 or 6, be up and ready because we got sumn to do. Ight?" He said. "I will" I replied. "Now what we're you saying?" He said. I was scared to ask again, he may find it strange that I want to get away from him so quickly. "Can I go back u-upstairs since I'm done eating..." I replied. "Yea cmon" he said.