Chapter 13 🥰

I become submerged in the crowd which must be trying so desperately to not let me escape. A hand grabs mine. It better not be Harley! I get twirled around which knocks me into multiple people. I am then swiftly pulled extremely close to the person, my cheek on their chest.

"Hey," Miles says softly in my ear. Ok then. My face heats up immediately. I hoped it was him, I'm glad it wasn't Harley or some drunken creep. I can smell the alcohol on his breath but I could somehow tell he wasn't off the rails, maybe just tipsy. He holds my hand gently and leads me to a quieter (if that's possible) corner of the insane, migraine level loud nightclub.

He backs himself into the wall and leans on it, his hand in his pocket the other still holding mine. I stand in front of him and look up at him. I let go of his hand.

"So did the girl you like show up?" I say normally because I am not jealous and I don't feel bitter in any way.

"Yeah," He sighs happily. Hopefully he is lying to me.

"Did she uh go or something?" I ask.

"No she's still here," He smiles, looking past me and into the crowd nervously. My heart sinks.

"Oh cool," I say unenthusiastically.

"Want to meet her?" He asks, I can hear the smirk in his voice. No Miles, I really don't.

"Yeah sure," I answer, looking over my shoulder at the people who have started to dance and shout even more since Single Ladies started blasting through the speakers.

"Which one is she?" I ask, my voice breaking slightly, shit.

"No," Miles says as he reaches out and uses his pointer finger and thumb to support my chin which he uses to navigate my eyes in a different direction. As my face turns to the side, I scan my surroundings, literally no one is here. Is he in love with a ghost or something? He sighs as If he is laughing at my stupidity. He points with his other hand at something, it's a mirror. Oh?

"Real smooth Miles," I laugh sarcastically as I make eye contact with myself through the silvery glass.

"What do you mean? You don't see her?" He jokes, his eyes are lit up and his mouth is curved into a mischievous smirk.

"She's beautiful right?" He says softly. My heart melts, ACTUALLY MELTS. 

"Did you ask Quint to teach you how to flirt with girls or something because I honestly don't find this cute," I scoff. Yeah I do.

"Yes you do," Miles says, moving his eyebrows up and down. I stare at him, embarrassed.

"How did you even know that I would come here anyway?" I say through my flustered smiling.

"You're predictable," He shrugs, smirking at me. 

He pulls me in by my hips. Both of my hands rest on his chest which is flat and warm because he legit always wears jumpers and sweaters even on scorching summer days or when he is in a nightclub. He is wearing a black jumper with light gray jeans currently. My mind is reeling and my heart is beating so loudly I can feel it pulsing through my whole body, it's quite alarming actually, do I need medical help or something? I move a strand of hair that has been bothering me out of Miles' face and notice his face go pink due to his freckled complexion and extremely chalk white skin.

"Your blushing," I state tactfully.

"Thank you for pointing that out," Miles says. How is he cute and hot at the same time? What the fuck! He leans in and makes eye contact with me, tilting his head slightly before our lips gently press together. We stand there for a while, softly grabbing at eachother's clothing and pulling each other closer so that there is no space between us. We remain completely lost in the kiss. My hands drift to his hair as they entangle themselves in his dark curls. His hands move to firmly hold my hips. He pushes off the wall and turns so that now my back stays plastered there instead, the whole time we don't stop for air.