Chapter 28 🫤

I walk to my old room which I stayed in last time. It seems different. Was this the room Kate stayed in?

"Hey," I hear Miles' low voice sound from the doorway. I turn around to see him leaning in the doorframe with his hands in his pockets.

"Do you always enter a room like that?" I laugh.

"Yep," Miles replies, leaning forwards and then using his shoulder to push away from the door frame as he walks up to me.

"Why?" I ask, keeping eye contact with him the whole time even though I hate eye contact.

"It makes me look cool," Miles answers, smugly.

"Sure," I say sarcastically.

"You think it looks hot, admit it," He says cockily, staring me down. Woah, where did that come from, I wasn't expecting that sudden level of flirtatiousness. How does he still make me flustered? Honestly!

"No I don't," I say quickly. Yes I do.

"Yes you do," Miles taunts. I open my mouth to retort but he just cuts me off.

"Come with me, I'll show you where you can stay. I don't think you want to sleep where a sociopath slept for weeks, I mean the sheets are clean but the bad aura hangs around like a bad smell," Miles says, fake shivering and walking out the door smirking to himself.

"Are you talking about Kate?" I ask, knowing that it's a dumb question.

"Yeah," Miles answers with a bit of attitude which I was not expecting. He has changed but at the same time he hasn't. I feel like he has lost feelings for me or maybe he still likes me but doesn't want me to know...who am I kidding he literally wrote me that letter. But he is a bit of a flirt so maybe that doesn't mean anything, arghhh. Oh?

"Miles are you leading me to your room?" I ask, suddenly realizing where we are heading towards.

"Yeah, nowhere else to stay except for Miss Jessel's or Kate's old room and I know you get freaked out easily by stuff so I set up a mattress on my floor," Miles says. So that's what he was doing when he suddenly left Flora and I before. Wait, that's actually really sweet, apart from the whole "freaked out easily" thing but anyway.

"Um, thanks. Are you ok with that?" I ask.

"Yeah, are you?" Miles responds, as he face plants onto my mattress lazily but also suddenly which caught me off guard slightly. I let out a strangled chuckle which triggers Miles into a weird string of muffled giggles.

"I'm completely fine staying here but come to think of it, doesn't that just mean I'm still gonna be sleeping in the same room as a sociopath anyway?" I say, clearly tryma start something because I am bored as hell and I said it as a joke even though we both know Miles is a little weird socially. I sprawl onto the mattress beside him but closer to the edge.

"You're a bitch, you know that," Miles laughs as he flops around on the medium sized mattress and faces me before using one hand and pushing me off of it. It is actually kinda high off the ground so my body makes a thumping sound as it makes contact with the sadly still musty ass carpet.

"Is this going to end in a pillow fight?" I ask as I grab a pillow that had also fallen on the ground along with myself.

"Probably," Miles replies before we both look at each other slightly funny as we remember what occurred after we chucked pillows at each other in his room last time.

"I mean to be honest I can't be bothered smashing your face in with these flat ass cushions so-" I start to come up with an excuse.

"Yep, no need," Miles agrees rather quickly. I see that he is flustered so being the horrible person I am I decide to add to it.