Chapter 16 😂

It's the last day of holidays and Amara and I are sitting next to each other and talking about our type and Amara's ex boyfriends. I am mid way through trash talking about this guy named Ben Yoofled who cheated on Amara with some girl in his Biology class when they had been together for five months with no issues between them.

"Also who names their son Ben YOOFLED, what the fuck is that last name," I laugh.

"Is it cultural or something?" I ask Amara who struggles to reply through her fit of giggles.

"I don't think his ethnicity had anything to do with his last name to be honest. I remember him trying to impress me by telling me once that he is American, British and three percent Italian," We laughed for ages about this, for some reason finding it hilarious that he thought being three percent Italian made him more attractive.

"So that's why I don't date those types of Ben's anymore, they are all always so full of themselves and wimpy," Amara says, after we stop cackling to ourselves.

"So have you ever been with anyone?" She asks me.

"I mean I've been with like three people. I have kissed people here and there but I have never actually thought someone was the one," I shrug. 

"Ooooh, who have you kissed?" She smirks, shoving my arm playfully.

"You know...people," I say nervously.

"Girl, tell me!" Amara says, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

"Fine," I chuckle.

"I don't actually remember everyone, I'll just name their first names ok," I say.

"Ok," Amara says, leaning in to hear me better.

"James, Harley, Natasha, Carter, Gilbert, M-" I go to say his name but can't. "Mm Yeah that's about it," I say, grinning anxiously.

"Damn, ok. Wait. Carter D or Carter B?" Amara asks. I purse my lips together and raise my eyebrows at her.

"BOTH?" She laughs. Before we know it we are both overcome with the giggles, we basically laugh at anything, a book randomly falling off a shelf when it was dead silent, Jonah staring at us like we are crazy and even a dead fly that had died on my arm a while after landing on it. I had tried to shake it off but it had a strong death grip on my shirt sleeve.

I wake up the next day, dread rushing through me as I realize everyone is back now. I get dressed into my uniform and rush out of my door and up to Amara's dorm room.

"Amara!" I whisper whilst knocking lightly on her door. It is still early but some people are scattered around the halls talking and catching up with friends.

"Morning," Amara says as she opens the door, still in her pjs.

"Shit am I late?" Amara panics.

"No you're not, I'm just early," I laugh.

"Oh thank Satan," She says, clutching her chest with one hand dramatically and pulling me into her room with the other.

"Thank Satan?" I question.

"I'm trying to mix it up," She shrugs. I raise my eyebrow and smile at her.

"What about thank Apollo or Athena," I suggest.

"Well I was gonna say Aphrodite but I figured why not be controversial," She says, making me laugh quite a bit.

"Anyway, what do you want babes?" She says sitting down on her bed, stretching and yawning.

"I kind of didn't mention it but I kinda stayed at this guy's house instead of being stuck here the whole holidays and he goes to this school...we kinda you know..." I say nervously.