Chapter 24 😝

Next day, the first thing I see in the morning is Miles at his locker. He is talking to Diego who I hate even more than Miles. I don't hate Miles, I'm just angry, so angry.

"Morning girl," Amara says, smiling weakly as she glances over at our problematic exes.

"Morning Mars," I say, getting mixed up with thinking about Miles and greeting me friend.

"Oh? Mars, I actually really like that," She chuckles at my accidental nickname for her.

"I like it too actually," I laugh. I gather my things and we both head to our first period.

The school day finally finishes and I am glad that no drama and unwanted exes decided to mess with me today. I am currently looking into the mirror of the shared girls bathroom. I turn on the tap and splash my face with the cold water which drips onto my uniform and trickles down my neck. I mess up my hair with my hands which are still damp from the water. My hair is all frizzy as it falls around my face in long soft curls which are mostly just flyaways and strands of random really wavy hair. I lean my hands on the basin and watch as they turn all white. As I take them off, I stare, the blood rushes back into them. I return to my dorm room and eventually force myself to go to sleep even though no part of my brain is tired since it's only like five pm. I open my eyes suddenly as I have an overwhelming urge, what if I become really hot and let Amara and Mal give me a makeover so that Miles will feel all jealous and regretful...do I wanna stoop that low? I mean it's not that bad. I'm doing it. I burst into Amara's room and drag her to Mal's before finally explaining what I want them to help me do.

"Guys, give me a makeover," I say, wincing at my words. Do I really need to do this? Yes, yes I do.

"OMG WHAT?" Mal squeals.

"Really?" Amara laughs.

"Are you trying to impress someone or...?" Amara starts, not knowing if Mal knows anything yet.

"You're trying to make Miles jealous aren't you," Mal says, crossing her arms and smirking.

"Well I'm all in if you are," I say as Amara and Mal glance at each other excitedly.

They immediately start gathering a bunch of things that look like murder weapons, including scissors and a bunch of makeup products?

"Relax, we know how to do this stuff," Mal laughs as I look at the scissors horrified.

"Are you going to give me a HAIRCUT?" I ask, confused.

"Yep, do you trust us?" Amara says.

"No, of course not," I say as they both laugh.

"So do you want it to be extremely short or just trimmed?" Mal asks.

"Whatever you think would look good on me I guess," I say. I'm only agreeing with a haircut since my hair has grown to my back since my last trim.

"I reckon we cut it up to here and give it layers," Amara says.

"I can't believe this is happening," Mal says in disbelief.

"Do you actually know how to do this?" I say, anxiously.

"I've watched my private hairdresser do it enough times," Mal says. I sometimes forget how rich her family is.

"Did your hairdresser give you lessons on how to cut hair?" Amara asks since this piqued her interest.

"Yes actually, I know all about the different scissors and hair products, speaking of which, this is good for curly hair," Mal says, shoving a bottle of hair cream into my hands. I look down at it curiously.