Chapter 17 👗

It's the next week and Mal, Amara and I all happen to have a free period.

"Ok, who do you find cute out of the Pb's?" Mal asks Amara and I as she smirks at us whilst sitting cross legged on Amara's bed.

"Lot's of them," Amara says. Pb's stands for Popular Boys. I always hated that they had a name for themselves and everything. We are here to learn and graduate not to have our own gangs that determine whether we have a date to the school dance or not. I admit I am a bit pissed that no one has asked me and that they decided to host the school dance for my year level in the third week of us being back.

"I'll say their names and we can go around and say whether we would date them or not, we have to give good reasons though," Mal says. I roll my eyes and smile. Mal and Amara are both so obsessed with the popular guys but I can't help but be stuck thinking about Miles all the time, I mean I know he still counts as popular but he doesn't really fit the stereotypical personality that I link them with.

"Ok. First one, James," Mal says.

"He doesn't play sports and he likes old fashioned music so I wouldn't date him," Amara responds, looking at me since she knew that I kissed him a while back and that we dated.

"I would date because he is romantic and a good kisser," I say, winning a gasp from Mal who looks at me excitedly. Mal knew I kissed him but I never disclose 'deets' about my romantic life.

"Oh my god you need to tell us more about that later but for now...NEXT. Mattheo," She says, continuing on.

"He plays basketball but I don't care because he is a major jerk," Amara gives me a look, one resembling throwing up.

"I just find him annoying so no," I state as I laugh in acknowledgment at Amara's reaction.

"Diego?" Mal asks.

"Yes he is hot," Amara states passionately.

"That's a shitty explanation," Mal laughs.

"It's the truth," Amara sasses.

"Not my type, I also don't like his hair so yeah," I shrug. Amara shoots me a shocked expression.

"Moving on," Mal says, "Miles."

My eyes go wide and for a second I worry that one of them noticed but luckily Mal was looking at Amara who was listing all the reasons why she would do more than date him even though he doesn't technically do much sports.

"I mean I heard he does horse riding or something like that," I remark almost smug at the fact that he literal taught me how to ride horses. I feel like I am secretly happy to have that stuff over them, almost like a one sided competition.

"Well I heard he has an older brother that is even hotter than him but he never came to this school," Mal gossips. I hold in a laugh since she is completely wrong.

"So would you date him, Issy?" Mal asks.

"No, surely you know about how much I despise him by now Mal. He is so smug and he practically bullied me throughout year eight to ten. I doubt this year will change anything," I say, crossing my arms to make a point of how much I DON'T LIKE MILES.

"But all that aside, do you find him hot?" Mal asks, persistently.

"Ew no, gross," I say dramatically.

"You're crazy," Amara giggles. "He is literally so fine," She keeps going.

"Can we stop talking about my arch enemy and move on, please. This is making me want to throw up," I groan. 

How am I so good at covering the fact that I like him in front of my friends but I suck at it when he is actually around.

"Ok fine, what about Killian? Last one I promise," Mal laughs.