Chapter 25 😒

It's been four weeks now and Miles and I are still yet to say anything other than an insult to each other. He hasn't gotten with anyone permanently although there are rumours of him hooking up with a couple of the popular girls whom I don't even know by name. I like to think that we haven't gone back to square one, even though I broke up with him, it's weird to think that we hate each other again. 

I have just come back from last period and am walking to my dorm when I hear a bunch of noise coming from the hallway, I turn the corner and find where it is coming from. To my great surprise, Amara, Allegra and Mal are already there amongst a big herd of the guys in our year level. From the looks of it there is a fight going on. Oh god. I quickly run up to Amara.

"Mars what's going on?" I ask worriedly, this never happens often, the last people to have a fight ended up getting expelled and one had his leg and arm broken to the point where you could so the bone. I try to stand up taller to see who is inside the circle of people but all the tall boys and a few tall girls all happen to be in front of me.

"It's Mattheo, he is being a dick," Amara says, angrily.

"To who?" I ask with urgency, still trying to get past the crowd of people.

"Miles," Amara mutters.

"Is he hurt?" I ask, worried.

"Yes, they both are at this point," Mal chimes in, looking really nervous.

"Mal go get the teacher please, I'm going to break them up," I say, I don't know how but pushing past all these giants might help me first of all.

"Ok but be careful, maybe just wait for the teacher to come instead of going in there yourself," Mal suggests.

"Ok good idea," I say as she starts to jog away.

"Fuck!" I hear Miles shout. I see through a little gap that Mattheo had just punched his jaw. Fuck it.

"Mattheo stop!" I shout at him as I push everyone with so much force that they all start to move away from me.

"Stop it!" I shout again as I run up to Miles and tear him away by the shoulders from Mattheo who he just kicked in the leg and is now trying to grapple and pull to the ground. Everyone is talking loudly to each other, adrenaline and fear mapped on their faces. Miles turns to look at me with fury. His eyes are filled with the same recognizable numb pain that he acquired when Quint died. Did something happen to Flora...or Miss Grose?

I start to panic. I kick Mattheo off of him and grab his arm, pulling him down the hall and to my dorm room. I glare at anyone who doesn't make way for us and eventually everyone obeys. I stop three quarters of the way down the hall to check if he is ok. His nose is bleeding and his once pristine white shirt is now spluttered with splashes of scarlet red liquid. He looks at me furiously as he struggles to get out of my grip, he is exhausted so after a while he just stops. 

As I open the door for him he just stands there fuming so I push him inside and then take a good look at him. Sweat sticks lots of his hair to his forehead and cheeks whilst the rest is so unbelievably messy. His body is clearly pumping so much adrenaline right now that it is starting to make me anxious. I watch as his chest moves with the strain of the massive breaths he is taking in. How do I calm him down? I go to hold his hand but he viscously tears it away from mine. I run to my bag and pull out a shirt and my water bottle. I start to dampen it and dab his face with it until most of the blood on his skin starts to rub off. I look into his eyes, they are lit up with an unsettling amount of ferocity, is he on drugs or something? No, his pupils aren't dilated.

"What happened?" I ask gently, dabbing the wet, slightly bloody shirt on his neck.

"None of your business, don't fucking touch me," He snaps, grabbing the shirt and throwing it to the floor. My heart beats faster. He is honestly terrifying me right now.